Campaign Q&A

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Campaign Q&A

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm

I managed to get a game in against Charlie, I enjoyed it greatly, Leader is in recovery (but thankfully no long term injury) and another one took a spinal injury (-1Str) but otherwise in pretty good shape. I managed to take out the super Juve and Charlie was too hard up for creds to risk a trip to the docs!

Anyway on to rules stuff:
Ricochets - what do people think? I managed to pin and down several of my own fighters and Charlie took out one of his own with his heavy stubber (and I'm sure pinned some of his own). I'm inclined to think it might not happen so much on a 3D board and it happening so much in the confined space of the tunnels is actually quite apt. What were other people's experiences?

Trading post - what was the consensus?

Sentries - I think we agreed that as soon as the alarm is raised the turn "ends" and a priority phase occurs. There is a heck of a lot of text in the rule book if that is what it can be distilled down to!
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Campaign Q&A

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Ricochets - seems best to play rules as written for now.

Trading post- I’m pretty sure what it’s trying to articulate is that only make a single roll, but you don’t have to make all your purchases at once.

Sentries - Yup, the only thing that makes sense is if the sentry rules no longer applying means start a new round. But that does make the following sentence about sentries with ready markers into nonsense.
Tom

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Maybe the sentries bit is trying to say that the readied guy(s) get an action before the end of the turn and return to normal rules, but nobody else does.
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:17 am

I'm pretty sure the sentry rules as written mean that the rest of the turn happens like normal with any attackers who are yet to go still getting their activation along with sentries with ready markers. This makes perfect sense if the alarm is set off by sentries spotting someone part way through a turn. They just seem to have failed to take into account how it can be abused by intentionally setting the alarm off at the start of a round.

Having said that, I am happy to play it as triggering a new turn though as that is way less open to abuse.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:13 pm

Before it comes up, it seems pretty clear that reputation section of the ambush scenario should be referring to escaping defenders, not escaping attackers.
Tom

Return to Necromunda