Necromunda Gameplay Discussion

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Necromunda Gameplay Discussion

Postby Tom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 pm

If you've got a link for that interview it would settle (or more likely heat up) a number of Facebook arguments.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm

I'll see if I can find it but it may well have been the live Twitch TV thing they did from warhammer world.

As an Escher player I am not over fussed and am happy to wait for an FAQ.

I'll take a look though.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:57 pm

The "live Twitch" thing has been both a boon (for those they like gaming videos) and a curse - there was a similar argument about a Shadespire rule (now FAQ'd) that was "cleared up in the Warhammer live feed", but as many (most?) people don't subscribe, and you can't share afterwards(? so was said), meant it meant nothing to most players.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Videos are hopeless for this really. We need FAQs that can be printed out (or a pdf copy for tablets) so we can look at them in game.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm

Ray, turns out we didn't quite do the near miss roles for rapid fire quite right. You role for each potential hit not just once, your leader may have survived!
Also it turns out that when you turn to face in combat you reduce your to hit roles by 1 for that turn. But i don't think that would have made a difference to anything.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

Someone said Andy Hoare had confirmed a 'toxin' errata was coming, but in a FB thread that has since been deleted for devolving into the usual shouting match.
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Tom wrote:Someone said Andy Hoare had confirmed a 'toxin' errata was coming, but in a FB thread that has since been deleted for devolving into the usual shouting match.

Will be interesting to see what direction they actually decide to go with it as there is now another interpretation (implied from the necromunda.com website):

Roll to hit
Roll to wound but use the 2d6 vs 1d6+T rule.
If the 2D6 is higher the target model goes out of action.

EDIT: From the Escher Tactics article on Necromunda.com:

"Finally, House Escher gangs can take a range of lethal Toxin and Gas weaponry, including the aforementioned stiletto knife. These weapons bypass the normal process for wounding fighters and are therefore perfect for the low-Strength Escher."
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 pm

Re: The blaze rules and the impossibility of being both standing and on fire. If you get charged while on fire you would stand up!

The whole random movement bit seems extremely unlikely to ever come up even if you do manage to find yourself on fire and standing when you activate. Throwing yourself on the ground instead seems to always be the sensible choice.
Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 am

The nerves of steel skill also allows you to be shot and on fire but not pinned.
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

So in this instance it sounds like they have actually thought it through and the possible interaction of other rules on the on fire rule.

As an aside whilst we're talking about skills, and to generate some discussion, any ideas what skills you might take/like the look of for your leader/champion guys?

I'm liking the look of step aside for my Escher leader but that's as far as I've got.
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda