Re: Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

Postby Tom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Some nutter has transcribed the entire rule book already:

https://www.reddit.com/r/necromunda/com ... mment_list
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Nutter indeed! Plus I don't think English was the first version he did so he's done it twice!

Hardcore.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Apparently a new tileset is coming

Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Good good. If I stick with Goliaths I'll be choosing tunnels over 3D fights whenever the choice is mine so more variety is nice to see!
Tom

Postby Ronq » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Just seen on Facebook (bell of lost souls I think) that we can expect rules for chaos cults and genestealers around the same time as orlocks.

There was a list of expected release dates but Iā€™ve lost the link
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Indeed. Continuing their uncharacteristic but welcome recent record of engaging more with the community, they seem to have scoured old forum posts for every release they did where someone said 'that'd make a good Necromunda gang' and are now coming up with Necro rules for them in White Dwarf.

I've heard something about a full on Bounty hunter gang as well so you can pretty much use any sci-fi model you want for that.

Did anyone ever get the genestealer cult board game?
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I've been reading the campaign rules and it's a lot more structured than the old system. A campaign breaks down into smaller pieces with a predefined length and each player can start a new gang or keep their old one each time. Old gangs have a limit so if you end up too powerful you have to remove things or create a sub gang to continue using them. Should help keep power levels in check and allow people to start new gangs as expansions get released without feeling like they are way behind.

Assuming it plays well, I'm up for getting a campaign going as soon as possible in the new year. We could wait for more releases but I think we would be better off getting started sooner while people are still excited about it. Thoughts?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:59 pm

I agree, with the added point of why wait for the new year? With the reset points built into the campaign structure we might as well start immediately I reckon.
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:11 pm

I was thinking that gives us 3 weeks for everyone to at least play one game so they have some idea of the rules, and so we can discuss the things that need to be decided before we start. The main decisions are how long the first part of the campaign will last, and how long an in game week is in real time. I can't remember the exact terms they use, but a campaign runs for a set number of in game weeks (where an in game week is long enough in real time for everyone to play 1-2 games, although there are no limits here), followed by a final game between the two top gangs to decide who the winner is. They suggest following this with a period of downtime so people can play other games before starting the next season (as it would be called in blood bowl/dreadball).
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Yeah I can see Goliaths working well in the tunnels, good strategy.

The campaign Iā€™m happy to start whenever, and as to the excitement dying down that will take a while for me! :D
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda