Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:24 pm

Argh! Infuriating people on the Necromunda FB group with their unsupported rules interpretations based on half remembering the old system! Must step away...

There are enough unclear points in the new rules (Does bulging biceps mean unwieldy weapons only take one weapon slot? Do stim slugs get used up after use and if so so do they need to be repurchased or do they refresh after the battle? Does a Juve get some armour when he is promoted to a champion?) without adding new crazy ones (No, there is nothing in the rules to say that an autopistol doesn't get rapid fire in close combat, the new rapid fire rules are quite different to the old ones. No, you do not have to retire somebody if promoting a Juve gives you too many champions for your rep as the rules are quite explicit that this is only checked at gang creation and when adding new fighters).

The best bit is when they turn to personal insults no matter how calmly you try to explain to them because you have rules quotes to back you up and all they have is their raging cognitive dissonance.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:56 pm

Welcome to FB groups. ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Ray » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Best attempt having looked at the books:

Bulging Biceps (Gang War P40) means the fighter ignored any effects of the Unwieldy trait on their weapons. The Unwieldy trait (Gang War P39) has it's effects listed as shooting being a double action and inability to use a second combat weapon. The gang creation rules reference reference the unwieldy trait (takes up two weapon slots) but this isn't listed under the actual rules for unwieldy so I would say Bulging Biceps doesn't work here. I can easily see this being ruled the other way though.

Stimm-Slug Stash (Gang War P35) as far as I can tell can be used as often as you like. It has both a benefit and the possibility of hurting your fighter so I can't see it being a good idea to use it every turn regardless. See Ammo Cache as an example of an item that needs to be repurchased after use, and Bio Booster as an example of a single use per game item. Stimm-Slug Stash has no wording to that effect.

When a Juve becomes a champion their characteristics and and credit value are unchanged but they are treated as a champion in all other respects. Furnace plates are not characteristics or credit value so I would say yes they get them. They are listed under equipment along with the ability to purchase non pistol/combat weapons, so if a Juve who becomes a champion gains the ability to use other weapon types they should also gain furnace plates.

Your interpretations may vary...
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:07 pm

That's how I had interpreted all of them so I'm glad we're on the same wave length!
Tom

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

Clearly Goliath proxies sorted!

Left to right.

Leader with power hammer and combat shotgun (cunningly disguised as a book)
Champion with Krumper
Champion with Renderizer
2 Gangers with stub cannons
Ganger with Brute Cleaver and Spud Jacker
Ganger with grenade launcher
Juve with Brute Cleaver and Stubgun

All clear...?

Ah shut up. It'll do for one or two games until I get to do some building.
Tom

Postby Ray » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

secret-hollow-book-safe-pistol-magazine.jpg

Looks good to me. I'll be learning the rules with my existing Orlock models while I sort the Goliaths out ready for the campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:28 am

So after one game, first suggested house rule... or rather suggestion of what I think GW mean rather than what they say.

Currently everyone within 1" of the line of fire is liable for accidental shots. I'd suggest we make it 1" perpendicular from the line of fire otherwise with bases smaller than an inch you can shoot the guy standing directly behind you. So using an amazing MS paint diagram, changing the danger zone from A to B when Mr. Smiley makes a shot.

Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Nice artistry. Happy with that.

Also Iā€™m falling on the side of the charge must make base contact to be successful, no free inch.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm

If the temptation of my eBay loot Paypal balance gets to me and I get the box game, did you say you were after the Eschers Jon?
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:10 am

IF Jon didnā€™t want them I would probably take them off you.

Give Jon first bite of the cherry though.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda