Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:20 am

The legacy gang lists are up on the website.

The only difference between them I can see is the skill list. So indeed just like old Necromunda!

Weapon list only has heavy stubbers for heavy weapons but I'm otherwise not seeing much missing.

So they seem campaign usable but a bit dull compared to the fully fleshed out gangs.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:45 am

Looking the weapon list, las and auto things are a bit more differentiated now, with auto things getting some kind of auto fire. Autopistol no longer clearly the best pistol.

Good signs for a bit more variety driven by rules rather than what happens to be on your models.
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:48 am

Important points to note are:

Goliath and Escher aren't in the legacy gang document so you have to use the new rules for them (including the new weapon lists).
The blurb at the top of the equipment page encourages using models with currently unavailable weapon choices to represent something reasonably comparable from the list, and also states that more heavy weapons will become available in future supplements.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Tom wrote:The legacy gang lists are up on the website.

The only difference between them I can see is the skill list. So indeed just like old Necromunda!

Weapon list only has heavy stubbers for heavy weapons but I'm otherwise not seeing much missing.

So they seem campaign usable but a bit dull compared to the fully fleshed out gangs.

They all have different prices and stats from what I can see....

I like it for the most part but lets be honest it we knew from the outset it was going to be rushed and purely a stop gap measure. Heavy stubber surely must be rapid fire 2(?!) and hopefully will be updated/FAQ'd.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Dave wrote:
Tom wrote:The legacy gang lists are up on the website.

They all have different prices and stats from what I can see....

I like it for the most part but lets be honest it we knew from the outset it was going to be rushed and purely a stop gap measure. Heavy stubber surely must be rapid fire 2(?!) and hopefully will be updated/FAQ'd.

You're right! I am bad at comparisons apparently. Slightly random tweaks but they are there. The champion and leader stats can be quite random.

Can't really judge the heavy stubber until we know how the rapid fire rule works in the system!
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Indeed, just a typical knee jerk reaction from an over excited GW fan boi who hasn't even played the game yet and wants to make rule changes! EDIT: For clarity I'm referring to myself here!

From what I can remember of the video Rapid fire is the special dice which has a random number of shots on it (like the old sustained fire dice essentially).
Dave

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Joining in your hype and keep flipping and flopping over whether I want to get a gang box now, and if so which one!
Tom

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:49 pm

It does seem odd that the heavy stubber is not much better than a boltgun and more than twice the points while also being unwieldy. It gets longer range and AP -1 but is harder to hit with. AP is more meaningful now though since it appears that everyone except juves come with armour. I can't see any reference to sustained fire type dice anywhere so I assume if it is random it must be using regular D6. The special dice are for ammo and injury rolls.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Tom wrote:Joining in your hype and keep flipping and flopping over whether I want to get a gang box now, and if so which one!

I'll take some pictures and send them to you later today. If you fall on the side of Goliath then I would consider selling them to you for £15 or something.
Dave

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:58 pm

I think the 40" range probably counts for quite a lot of its cost! That's quite significantly further than anything else.
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda