Necromunda Gameplay Discussion

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Necromunda Gameplay Discussion

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Bulging biceps is pretty much compulsory on a guy with a Krumper.

The leader skill that lets you double activate a guy seems hard to pass up. Especially with the way it works with group activations allowing to make a guy take 4 actions.

Not sure what to take for my combat champion. +1A on a charge is solid if a little dull and probably overkill. There's one to take a test not to be pinned when shot, that's probably very helpful when closing distance.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby JAC » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:04 pm

I like trick shot and the one that allows you to shoot as a simple action for Van Saar.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 am

How are people interpreting the two pistols in close combat rules?

The way I am reading it is you count up the number of attacks, for the sake of this example we shall say the model has 1 base attack, has charged(+1) and has two pistols (+1) for a total of 3 attacks. You can assign one of those attacks to ONE of your pistols with the remaining attacks (in this case 2) counting as unarmed.

I am seeing people interpret it as being able to assign 1 attack dice to each pistol and then the third being unarmed.

Thoughts?
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:20 am

The word of the rules definitely say only one attack can be assigned to pistols even if you have two (though the second one still counts for giving you an extra attack).

As is often the way, I don't think that's what they intended them to say though. I think they were just badly trying to articulate that having 3+ attack dice and two pistols may be another reason you have to assign some attacks to unarmed.

I can certainly see no harm in one attack per pistol if you use two.
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 am

The rule as written is clear to me which is why I couldn't understand the other interpretation even occurring so just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

FAQ due early in the new year apparently.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Reading the rules in prep for Tuesday.

Page 61: Injuries

I don’t think this is necessarily controversial but I know I played it wrong (assuming what I’m about to say is right!)

Example:
I shoot your two wound leader with my damage 2 plasma pistol, let’s assume I hit and wound him causing two damage to take his wounds to 0. How many injury dice do I roll? I’m understanding it as two.

Previously I played it, in the scenario above, as only generating one injury dice.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 am

Yup, rules seem pretty clear that you always roll the weapon’s full dmg stat number of dice.
Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Sabotage Scenario. The defender picks 5 random fighters... but can designate any number of his gang as ineligible to be picked. So he can pick any 5 he likes effectively!
Tom

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Tom wrote:Sabotage Scenario. The defender picks 5 random fighters... but can designate any number of his gang as ineligible to be picked. So he can pick any 5 he likes effectively!

Yeah that is a bit pointless.
Dave

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Not an issue we've come across so far but it has been noted that the current rules for template weapons ignore the closest target priority rules.

I'd suggest it would make sense for both fluff and crunch if your initial template placement still needed to be touching the closest enemy (unless cool test etc). What do you reckon?
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda