Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Necromunda - Pre Orders 11th November

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 am

You still only get 1,000 creds in campaign mode and they are 45 creds each.....
I actually like the difference in gangs and 90% of stuff I’ve read sounds great.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:53 am

Given that they're all sponsored by different manufacturing houses, doesn't different gear sources make perfect sense?

I am very keen on more differentiation however. Original Necromunda had been optimised down to pretty much everyone having the same loadout which was dull.

My feelings on the cards are mutable. More gang differentiation good. As an underdog mechanic, good. But 'chasing' neutral cards seemed less egregious in Shadespire where you're likely to to want to dabble in multiple factions. On the one hand at least you don't have to buy miniatures just to get cards, on the other hand £9 for 26 cards and you don't even get them included when you buy the miniatures!
Tom

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm

I don't know what impact different weapon access will have, time will tell, I was more referring to the fact that the houses now have different characteristics to start.

Cards can be got for £7 from reputable discount people ;)
Dave

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm

The different weapon sources make sense now, but only because they messed with the background. Under the original version everyone was buying weapons from some sort of underhive trading post(s), and the gangs didn't have much in the way of ties to their parent houses.

I assume they have split the cards and miniatures into separate purchases because unlike shadespire, there are plenty of reasons you might need an extra box for your gang, but no reason you would need another copy of the cards. It will also remove the inevitable price complaints from people having to pay for bundled cards while using the models to make 40k guardsmen or cultists.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Forge World are releasing the first of the named characters, a mutant Beastman Bounty hunter!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... underhive/
Dave

Postby Ray » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to start giving forge world money again then. Hopefully they will release a bunch of stuff so I can order it all together.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:21 pm

My order was just picked, so should arrive for the release day. This means I will get it by next tuesday and will be able to give people their shadespire dice which were on the same order.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm

How many sets are we getting in the club? Is it just you and Dave currently or have the usual suspects also crumbled yet?

Are you planning on making your gangs as per the included cards for now or holding off for campaign use?
Tom

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 pm

I think it's just me and Dave, but we should have the classic gang rules shortly so hopefully that is enough to get a campaign going in the new year. I'll build as per the cards assuming the load outs are sensible, and probably pick up an extra box of whichever gang I use in the campaign so I can build more guys as needed.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 pm

I will probably build the gangs using "campaign rules" (so 1,000 creds rather than the 1,500 used for the pre printed gangs) and with the load out that I like the look/feel of.
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda