Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Perpetual Campaign Rules Draft

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:48 pm

True, needs rewording. You get the xp for causing the injury not just rolling the dice. So only one of those bonuses will gained no matter how many injury dice are being rolled, and shooting a seriously injured guy but just rolling seriously injured again won’t get you anything. Probably should only get one for shorting a serious injury to out of action as well.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:44 pm

Updated for an attempt at re-working the Rescue Mission scenario. Significant changes to Home Turf Advantage as part of it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4Y ... sp=sharing
Tom

Postby Tom » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:31 pm

House rule musing.

I don't anyone has ever used smoke before so we've never had to have the debate as to whether you can melee attack in it or not. Rulebook says it blocks LoS, therefore you cannot attack in, out of, or through it. The question is does a melee attack with 0" range pass through the smoke or not?

I'm thinking say yes to melee and add a -1 to hit.

I'm also thinking that rather than template weapons entirely bypassing smoke and darkness etc, how about giving them a 4+ to hit if under the template rather than automatic?
Tom

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 am

As you say not seen many people use smoke. I’d say the hth modifier makes sense. I thought for templates we applied the same rules for normal range weapons? Namely they can’t target people (or a spot next to a person) when it’s dark.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:22 am

I was going for something in between the two extremes.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed May 11, 2022 11:34 am

I'm thinking we need something to address the situation Dave is in where he has only two guys not in recovery for the next game.

Something like the optional ability to take loss of 2 rep and d3x10 creds to have a week of going to ground and bring everyone out of recovery. Throw in a test of your alliance if you have one.

The rep cost seems a good way of making it negligible to a gang already struggling to make a name, but that a more established gang will avoid as it might start hitting the amount of hangers on and territories etc they can hold. And the small cred cost makes it not an auto take option when you have no rep to lose.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed May 11, 2022 3:01 pm

Also we forgot to do captives yesterday, but I'm adding in that you can only take captives if you haven't bottled.
Tom

Postby Ray » Wed May 11, 2022 3:35 pm

Can I suggest maybe captives get rethought in general? It's always been a bit of a problem when you get some guy captured then have to arrange a game against the same player to get him back and in the meantime just do without him for however many weeks that takes. Also it makes a mess of more organised campaigns where you have a scheduled list of games and opponents.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed May 11, 2022 3:44 pm

Ray wrote:Can I suggest maybe captives get rethought in general? It's always been a bit of a problem when you get some guy captured then have to arrange a game against the same player to get him back and in the meantime just do without him for however many weeks that takes. Also it makes a mess of more organised campaigns where you have a scheduled list of games and opponents.

That is hopefully covered as far as the perpetual pick up game rules I'm working on go. A scheduled campaign would be a different matter.

Check for Captives

As per the rulebook (roll 2D6 plus number of Out of Action opponents, on 13+ take a captive) but captives are only taken if the player left on the battlefield has not bottled.

The owner of the captive fighter must decide whether he intends to attempt a rescue mission to free the captive fighter now. If he states his intent to mount a rescue then the fighter is held captive as per normal rules allowing an attempt at a Rescue Mission next time the gangs fight. If he does not want to attempt the rescue then his opponent may sell the captive to the guilders or claim their bounty immediately.

If the captive is sold off without a Rescue Mission being attempted, the owning player may then petition their more powerful gang backers to use their influence to intervene and have the captive fighter returned to the gang at the cost of 1 rep and 50% of the captive’s cost (including equipment). This may be paid at the end of the post battle sequence after receiving income and trading, and does not affect the reward the captor receives. This option is not available once a rescue mission has been attempted.

Note: The best laid plans don’t always come together. If the planned Rescue Mission game is not happening within a reasonable time frame then either player may choose to progress things as if the option to attempt a rescue wasn’t chosen and sell or pay to claim back the captive as appropriate. If this happens then do your best to let the other party know so they can claim their rewards or opportunity to pay for their fighter’s return!
Tom

Postby Dave » Thu May 12, 2022 8:39 am

Tom wrote:I'm thinking we need something to address the situation Dave is in where he has only two guys not in recovery for the next game.

Something like the optional ability to take loss of 2 rep and d3x10 creds to have a week of going to ground and bring everyone out of recovery. Throw in a test of your alliance if you have one.

The rep cost seems a good way of making it negligible to a gang already struggling to make a name, but that a more established gang will avoid as it might start hitting the amount of hangers on and territories etc they can hold. And the small cred cost makes it not an auto take option when you have no rep to lose.

I like this idea, do you have to have sufficient Rep to do it or is it case of pay what you can? I’m three games in and still only on 1 Rep.....

I would probably add that you can only do it if you have <50% of your gang available, just to stop those who would happily pay to have their leader back for the next game.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda