Campaign 3 - Dominion Campaign

For all Necromunda, both new version and old

Re: Campaign 3 - Dominion Campaign

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Fair dos.

I also am not keen for free territories (despite suggesting it above) but I wasn’t sure how to address the situation of only one player wanting to fight for a particular territory but that was because I had it fixed in my mind that the territory would be randomly generated during the “challenge phase” rather than being chosen, I must have missed the bit in the book about the challenger choosing the territory type.

With that now understood, I agree with you/the book.

Are you implementing any house rules?
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm

I think most our previous house rules have now been addressed officially. Even the scenario stuff with running away defenders.

I'd be tempted add cover to stray shots (i.e. stray shots hit on 5+ if you're in cover/prone at long range compared to the shooter and a 6+ if in hard cover/out of sight).

And maybe add closest enemy targeting to blast weapons (template just has to be touching them somewhere, not centred).

Any thoughts on those? Any others you were thinking of?
Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:16 pm

I'm also thinking the 'versatile' rule needs some tweaking to make polearm weapons a viable choice as they are a bit rubbish.

Something about using WS instead of BS when using for a 'range' attack and letting people make a ranged attack with them at the end of a charge if they are in range.
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Seems simple enough, alternative would be to use the stray shot rules as written but only apply them to miss rolls of a 1 (rather than applying them to every miss). I’m content either way.

It seems that the new “visit trading post” post game action allows for multiple purchases of rare items up to the rarity level of the dice rolled regardless of how many guys you send to perform the action, rather than the previous 1 item per Leader or Champ sent. Have I read that right?

Not GW4 specific but is the house weapon list accessible once the campaign starts? Can you buy items that have a rarity value that appear on your house weapon list without visiting the trading post? I note that some items have a different rarity value depending on the gang trying to buy it (and the same item appears on the house weapon list), which suggests to me that you do have to visit the trading post, and subsequently roll a high enough rare trade roll, in order to buy weapons with a rarity value that otherwise appear on your house weapon list. Thoughts?

As to the versatile trait, has anyone declared Cawdor? Appreciating that the Escher whip has the trait but I can’t think of any other weapons?

At work and bored, hence the lengthy post(s).

Cheers!
Dave

Postby Tom » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Your house list is always available to you. This done indeed mean some rare stuff is common for some gangs.

What item are you thinking has a gang specific rarity but is also on the house list? I can’t see one.

Rare trade purchases do indeed seem to be unlimited in number now. You can even send nobody and just rely on the 2d6 and rep bonus. Though with no money action, anybody not dragging someone to the docs will be trading anyway for lack of other options.
Tom

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:02 pm

It appears I was mistaken, I should try and not post when bored!

Thanks for the clarity on the other stuff. Nerves of Steel all round for my guys I feel!
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:52 pm

In anticipation of the new campaign starting next week I have been making a gang roster.

Please can I clarify what we decided on the weapons/equipment changing front.

Gangers cannot change weapons but can freely exchange “war gear”

Leaders and Champions can change/ditch weapons freely? Or they need to have different load outs? They cannot freely put purchased weapons in the stash for allocation to gangers for example?

Looking forward to the new campaign.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Sticking with the rules as written. So nobody can put down weapons. Wargear (which is everything else) can be shuffled around.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Cool, cheers.
Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Have just been making lists and reading GW3, man those van Saar have the potential to be tough! 3+ save with a shield, although that’s an expensive combo to be fair. I’ll definitely be choosing 3D maps against them to make them take those Initiative tests and hope that they plummet to their deaths. Toying with the idea of a small elite-ish gang with high AP weapons to make any hits count....

Roll on Tuesday!
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Necromunda