The beginning......

The beginning......

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 pm

The fledgling empires have mustered their armies and stockpiled their resources, now they march to war.

Map position 1:
Matt
Army size: 2,450
Baggage: 7

Map position 2:
Gary
Army size: 1,750
Baggage: 12

Map position 3:
Dave
Army size: 1,500
Baggage: 9

Map position 4:
Ray
Army size: 2,250
Baggage: 2

Map position 5:
Oli
Army size: 1,500
Baggage: 10

Map position 6:
Mike
Army size: 1,900
Baggage:5
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: The beginning......

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:39 am

Welcome traveller to the Realm of the Pale King.

Off of the port side you can see a tall plume of black smoke. This is the village of Stormwarning, so named as it is the beginning of our chain of warning beacons. Any danger from the south and the smoke turns green.

As we continue up the coast we approach a fortified village between the rats talons. Sharing a name this is our port of call as hidden between the natural stone jetties lie our blossoming fleet. We are currently keeping this small to evade detection but soon our time will come.

There is no time to waste so we join the exodus inland. Soon we reach a fork in the road. To the north is the village of Stench, so named as its sits on the flood plane of the river Ox where it is rarely dry. This constant damp air means there is always a reek of rotting timbers and fungal spores. Not for us though as we are heading south.

Ahead of us is our glorious capital Hamelyn. It appears at first to be a quiet hamlet amongst pock marked fields but the reality is that if you were allowed to enter any of the buildings you would find them exactly as they were when taken seventy years ago. A thick layer of dust covers the day to day belongings of the villagers no longer required as they were all slaughtered on mid winters eve without anything being broken. What cannot be seen is our glorious city hidden below your feet.

If you look to the west you can see a small range of mountains. Amongst these is Chanters Leap. A fortified hold so named after the monks that resided in the then monastery. We took the name as when we threw them over the edge they continued to plead to their pathetic gods.

We have no time to linger so we pass the city and continue to the south towards the Rabid Forest, a dark and unwelcoming place where creatures of amazing prowess dwell.

Crossing across the top of the forest we approach our destination, the village of Salvation. Here is the hub of our slave labour camps and from here you would be sent to one of our many farms to help aid our growing population.

But you may ask, why have I told you all this? Well you have no need to worry, for very soon you will once again see your friends as tomorrow we go to war and you will lead the glorious charge before our mighty hordes.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:05 pm

I've worked out the contents of my banners and am busy painting.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby nobby » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Wait what?! Why is my army smaller :( I will definitely be down next week!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 pm

What was Marlak Dreadheart over master of Garnak Thrund Region thinking when he sent us to invade this realm. There aren't any Orks to enslave, a few feeble minded lesser Dwarfs to torture and only one known monster lair.

Then to make things worse he ordered Scir Roc Wind master to land us between useless undead, fit for nothing but ornaments for the slave pens, and puny humans who don't last a month in the fire pits of Ha Waii.

I think he knows about my plans to re-direct the lava flow from Krak'a'Toka into his vault. 6 years before the fleet returns to pick us up, coincidental timing? The next conjunction of tectonic plates is due then.

How am I going to control the undermining of the Canals of Kehnetz and the tunnelling of the channels leading to the lake. Good idea from Irlak my iron master, the lava and gold will solidify naturally in the cool waters.

Arrrrggghhh fragging Blasznaks.

Oi snorc get me a stein of Doombar.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:16 am

Love it Mike, didn't understand a word of it, but still love it.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 am

My spies have advised me that on the far side of the realm a foul smelling race of drain dwellers know of warp stone technology.
Could my iron master meld it into the golems to warp them into Kayz Duoz or even a Ezver Est?

May be I can turn my bad luck of being here for 6 years into something profitable. Who needs tunnels when you can raise an army of lesser and greater golems. :twisted:

Oi snorc get me a stein of Doombar.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:11 pm

nobby wrote:Wait what?! Why is my army smaller :( I will definitely be down next week!

It's the same as mine, Matt just got extra lucky. ;)
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Dave wrote:
nobby wrote:Wait what?! Why is my army smaller :( I will definitely be down next week!

Matt didn't get lucky. He is the Liche Master, Lord of all that is evil, and we will bow to his might. (Well only when he's looking)
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby nobby » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:16 pm

MoodyGit wrote:
Dave wrote:

Matt didn't get lucky. He is the Liche Master, Lord of all that is evil, and we will bow to his might. (Well only when he's looking)

Kublai bows to no man! I have small men on even smaller horses coming for you all! (if they arrive for my birthday like I asked...)
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Return to Kings of War