KoW Campaign Rules

Re: KoW Campaign Rules

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:23 pm

On the multiple banner battles topic I think keep it simple and have one vs one. You can still set up pincer movements as each banner will move and fight before the next banner in the army acts.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Turn sequence:

Select one banner from your army.
Choose tile to move to.
If the tile is unknown roll on the exploration table.
If you engage an enemy army fight the battle.

The next player then chooses one of his banners and performs the listed actions. Then the next player and so on until each player has activated each of his armies banners once.

This will happen six times in the campaign season.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

The campaign season consists of 6 turns, at the end of 6 turns all banners must withdraw to their realm (the original 7 hexes of their kingdom). To do this they must be able to trace a path back to their realm through friendly territory, if they are cut off from withdrawing to winter quarters the banner counts as destroyed (in the sense that half the points value is removed and the other half is credited back the treasury, much like when you lose units in battle).
Dave

Postby nobby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:13 am

With regards to the army building rules, can we make one change to 500 point armies please as I imagine them to be raiding parties etc. Can we remove the regiment needed for 2 troops rule? Keep everything else in as it makes sense, but being able to just field troops will make a big difference in these size games (more than a couple of units basically)

Also, it is actually recommended that rule is removed during 500 point games anyway :P
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:36 pm

I'll put it to the group and I can see how it would make sense in a one off game however a regiment and two troops is less than 500 so not sure why we would need to do it?

Dave
Dave

Postby nobby » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:32 am

because if we take 500 point armies, every one will look the same. at least with 500 point armies of just troops, it adds a bit of variety to the early game. Plus, small horsemen can only be taken in troops :P Unless I wanted to add heavy cavalry, which wouldn't make much sense for a raiding party!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby nobby » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:42 am

Oh wait. My "heavy" cavalry regiment only costs 15 points more than my ranger cavalry troops hahaha
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to Kings of War