KoW Map Based Campaign

KoW Map Based Campaign

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:32 pm

I would like to start a map based campaign and I think KoW will lend itself well to this (other suggestions welcomed, WarMaster perhaps?)

I have everything needed for a 2-6 player campaign but could stretch this to 8 if required (not expecting that much interest to be honest).

Depending on if there is any interest the plan is to get the map sorted for next week, roll some territories and then look to start the campaign at the end of October with a commitment of probably one club night in four given to the campaign.

Let me know if you're interested and if you don't like KoW would another system be preferred.

Any other ideas welcomed.

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: KoW Map Based Campaign

Postby nobby » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I'll play but have no figures atm for kow, not that its a problem with kow :P (i am getting an army, should be getting the start to it for my birthday in a month.)
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 pm

My plan was to use Perry War of the Roses stuff, 1,000 point army for £60 is pretty good.

Let me know when you're next at the club and I'll bring the map (although it could just be you and I).

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:29 pm

Can do 1000 point abyssal dwarf army and an undead army. Might stretch to 1500 with a bit of artistic licence.
Models still on sprues but this will give me reason to put together.

Could we start off with smaller forces working up in points to major conflict. 500/750/1000/1250/1500. Unsure how or if this could work with KOW.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:51 am

Mike,

Plan is that you will have several army banners moving around the map each representing an army between 500 and 1,000 points. Your territories will determine your available points to spend on these banners and how you distribute the points between banners is your choice however you will have to assess the risk/reward of having lots of smaller armies or fewer larger ones.

I can explain a little better next week.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby nobby » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:15 am

Dave wrote:My plan was to use Perry War of the Roses stuff, 1,000 point army for £60 is pretty good.

Let me know when you're next at the club and I'll bring the map (although it could just be you and I).

Cheers,
Dave

cool, if you are doing them, it saves me having to do them for a bit :p i am doing mongols in kow. maybe samurai.
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:39 am

What Mongol models are you using?

My other option is to use all the Napoleonic stuff I already have but an entirely shooty army would get boring pretty fast I guess....
Dave

Postby nobby » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:01 pm

fireforge games stuff, the guys who are in the kow rulebook. Well their templars and hospitallier are anyway :D
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ladril Caledor » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 am

I'm interested in getting involved, but I have to go to sunny California for all of November then again from January until June (poor me ;). Not sure if October and December will be enough for me to take part.

Also I don't think he's seen this thread but I'd guess Pass would be interested as well, send him a PM if you're still looking for players.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Postby Dave » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:42 pm

The bulk of it will probably take part whilst you're away unfortunately (well not really unfortunate as I'd rather be in California too!)

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Next

Return to Kings of War