Looking for a KoW opponent

Looking for a KoW opponent

Postby Ladril Caledor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:40 am

I'm a long time Warhammer fantasy veteran living in Andover and I'm looking to get into Kings of War. I've read through the 2nd edition rules and I'm really excited at how it looks, much less contrived than 8th Edition but far more tactical than Age of Sigmar. I also found that my existing High Elf army fits nicely into a decent-looking and legal Elves list for KoW.

Anyways I've posted on the meeting threads for the 8th and 15th and I hope I can find an opponent soon.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Re: Looking for a KoW opponent

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:48 pm

I'll be happy to play at some point soon. I've got a kings of war dwarf army that is mostly assembled. Got them back last year, but held off learning the rules once the 2nd edition book was announced as I didn't want to learn a game that was about to change. Now that is out, I'll give it a good read and finish assembling stuff. Maybe playing some games will motivate me to get some painting done on them.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ladril Caledor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:56 pm

How about tomorrow at the club? I think I have a decent grasp of the 2nd ed rules now. I'd suggest a fairly low points game (1000 or 750 or something like that) with some vanilla armies (eg no magic items) so we can take our time over the game and learn as we go.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Postby Pass » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm going to bring some undead!
Pass
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 pm

I will be up for some games in the near future but as my fixture list is full for the next three weeks do you mind waiting. I know Mike has stuff in the post as well. I think timing is a little out due to the game only just getting to us (received mine late last week) and some ongoing campaign's currently running so we ask for a little patience. Hope to meet you soon.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:44 am

I won't have my dwarfs with me this week as a couple of units still need to be assembled. They are on my list of things to get done this month though, so I can definitely play in a week or two.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby nobby » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:13 am

I would play, but sold my army and can't affor dmy new one atm :(

Ray, having worked out a tournament list for it, perhaps the all metal figure army I was telling you about, is not such a good idea... It has 5 hordes of shieldwalls in it! Not too mention the cavalry and 3 hordes of archers.
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ladril Caledor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Sounds good guys, looks like I'm playing Pass tonight and Ray in a week or two. Should be good prep for a beginner-friendly tournament in Bristol at the end of the month (more details at: http://www.warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewt ... 3#p1559563
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Return to Kings of War