Some KOW questions...

Re: Some KOW questions...

Postby Brad85 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Just to muddy the water... There's a bit in the front of the rules about base footprints & preferred model counts. Basically as long as the footprint is the right size, you can knock up a scenic base using a few less models, i.e a regiment of 20 can be done using 15. (Admittedly mine are 12 each, should sort that out)

Which means you can, in theory, spread the minis a bit further by using them that way. And as whole units come off the table, not individual models, it doesn't matter that they're stuck in place.

However this does mean you have to store a single lump on a 125mmx100mm base instead of several, easier, smaller 25mm squares.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Don't forget to buy trays or large bases if you are unit basing
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby bennyowens » Sat May 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Are the Manic ones the best ones to go with, will have a flick through the rules this week and work out what sizes I need to buy

Seen a few people that have gone the route of having lower model count and I might give that a try as it opens up more options for scenic bases
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Sat May 29, 2021 6:27 pm

The mantic trays are excellent if you are basing individually. If you want to do unit bases then probably get mdf bases. If you are unit basing then warbases has a range of appropriately sized ones. These are what I used for my forces of the abyss.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby nobby » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:55 pm

I'll be coming down a lot more again as restrictions are being lifted and finished my degree. Probably going to go goblins for a giggle until I have redone yet another wars of the roses army.

I am however moving to Woking end of July, but if I get the job I applied for, I'll still be able to come down every week (Lecturer position at the college!)
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Previous

Return to Kings of War