Returning to Felstad

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Returning to Felstad

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:17 am

After seeing Tom's fully painted warband I've been inspired to get my own warband done and play more games of Frostgrave. I only played one or two games and my roster is long gone so I'll be starting from scratch, my question to those who played more regularly; Did you come to a consensus on what rules to use? i.e critical hits, magic item supermarket etc etc

I've spent a good few hours on the lead adventure forum and, whilst I thoroughly enjoyed my game against Tom, every other post on that forum has suggestions for improving the game. I'm not a massive fan of house rules but if they are required then so be it.

If we can come up with a definitive list of rules perhaps we can get a campaign going (using your existing warbands if you so wish).

I'll start:
1) Random monsters - In!
2) Critical hits - out

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Returning to Felstad

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:09 am

Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks but the last post in that thread was three months ago.....there were no other developments since then?
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 pm

Don't think there's been that many games since then, what with KoW, DB and absences.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Ok, I'll take stuff from that thread and put it in list form in my original post (plus add some of my own for discussion).

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:19 pm

I'm touched that my amateur miniature daubings inspired you.

I should be in much more regularly for a while and am also keen to get back to Frostgraving.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:19 am

Well my return was not quite as triumphant as I had hoped, two dead thieves, a dead archer a dead War dog and, more worryingly, a dead apprentice!

I only earnt 150 exp and 100gc, and with the apprentice meeting his end, my wizard has decided to leave Felstad never to return (much too cold and he didn't really want that silly treasure anyway, honest).

Tom's deadly archery did me in I feel, a 19 followed by a 20 with the same archer in consecutive turns saw off the apprentice and a thief(?) early on. Despite that I made a somewhat valiant (or suicidal if you ask my captain) attempt to stay in the game. His archer got his comeuppance though being gored to death (well taken OOA) by a raging boar (which had previously killed my archer!) whilst trying to get treasure off the table.

Ended with Tom getting a whopping 6 treasure rolls to my 1.

Fun stuff, the randomness of the D20 makes for some amusing moments.

Next up Necromancer.....
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:42 pm

Had a horrible thought when I got home. Didn't I poison dart your guy whilst he was climbing the tower? The null fielded tower? The tower that makes him unable to be targeted with spells?

:oops:
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Oh well never mind, it's actually amusing as I was the one who was constantly trying to cast spells at it and kept having to be reminded that it was a null zone!

In the grand scheme of things I don't think it would have made too much difference.
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:00 pm

With two actions a turn he could have easily had the super treasure away before I caught up.
Tom

Return to Frostgrave