Frostgrave rules discussion

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Re: Frostgrave rules discussion

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 am

Reveal Secret: I'm going to suggest this one, even though I took the spell specifically because it's (usually!) an easy win.

I suggest we house-rule that the bonus treasure has to be set up just over 6" from the table-edge - still within 6" of the deployment zone, but in a way so that it can't be touched by a model during the set-up phase.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:03 am

The author has alluded to cocking up the wording on this one and it was meant to be something along the lines of at least 6" from either your table edge or your deployment zone :P He certainly hadn't intended for you to be able to start the game sitting on it.

Easiest way to house rule it is that extra the treasure is placed wherever you like, but not in your deployment zone. End result is the same as everyone will stick right on the deployment zone border but the wording is simpler!
Tom

Postby Ladril Caledor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah that sounds fair enough to me.

I wish I took Reveal Secret when I started my warband. The potential for picking up one or two easy extra treasures is huge and the cost is low and out of game. It could well be the best spell in Frostgrave.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:49 am

Although you get to try to cast it twice (Wizard & Apprentice) my understanding is that you can only ever have one extra treasure token per warband per game from the spell. Still decent though.

Dave
Last edited by Dave on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 am

Tom wrote:Easiest way to house rule it is that extra the treasure is placed wherever you like, but not in your deployment zone. End result is the same as everyone will stick right on the deployment zone border but the wording is simpler!

That's the same as now? Still allows you to place it in contact with a model (or to place a model in contact with it).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:49 am

It should be "6 inches from your deployment zone". You place it 6" away and 1-2" from the table edge and you get a turn 2 treasure.

Definitely shouldn't be able to start the game in BtB with it.

Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 am

Here's what the author said before he realised that wasn't what was in the book.

Reveal Secret - the treasure has to be at least 6 inches from your deployment area. Not the edge of the board. It's suppose to be an easy treasure, but not quite that easy!

Personally I like that version as it makes it an easier treasure for you but no longer pretty much a freebie. But then I didn't take the spell so I'm aware I'm biased!
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:05 am

Yeah that's what I meant and what I'd go for, and I do have the spell.
Dave

Postby Ladril Caledor » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Reveal Secret - the treasure has to be at least 6 inches from your deployment area. Not the edge of the board. It's suppose to be an easy treasure, but not quite that easy!

Yeah I prefer it that way.
Ladril Caledor
Pumpkin Pie

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:06 pm

I obviously do as that was the difference between me and Simon in the 3-4 loss. I have thought of one way out of it but could be costly if goes wrong.

Simon, I'll roll up the end of game stuff anyway just to see how it works. Then make the decision to continue with them.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Frostgrave