Dave's Warband

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Dave's Warband

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:00 am

First outing for the warband against Tom's goblins led by a wizard focusing on the Witch lore of magic (which coincidently is the opposed school to my Soothsayer).

I choose Soothsayer lore and went with the following spells:

Mind Control
Forget Spell
Reveal Secret

Heal
Glow
Fast Act

Push
Telekinesis

Good fun with some cinematic moments, for me the first attack of the game one shotting the apprentice and for Tom I would say his wizard cutting mine down in the penultimate phase of the game earning him a massive 150 experience. Fortunately he recovered (although he lost all his gear!) Game ended with a 4-3 treasure token count in Tom's favour.

I earnt 260 experience (successfully cast 7 spells(70), killed one soldier with my wizard (40) and collected 3 treasure tokens(150)) so my wizard is now a level 2.

I rolled high for my treasure and collected:
1 Magic item (Belt of animal repellence)
270 Gold
1 Grimoire (Invisibilty)
1 Grimoire (Reveal Secret)

As I already know the Reveal Secret spell I sold this Grimoire for 250 gold. I also sold the belt for 100 gold giving me 620 gold total.

With my level ups I learnt the Invisibilty spell and reduced the casting value of mind control by 1.

My base camp has been set up in an old library.

I spent my gold as follows:
Staff (to replace the one lost by the wizard)
Carrier Pigeon 5
Thief 19
Thief 19
Barbarian 99
Healing potion 50

I also bought a crystal ball (250) for my base camp.

This leaves me with 173 gold for my treasury.

Looking forward to my next match up so if anyone wants to give it a try let me know and we will sort something out.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Dave's Warband

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 am

It was great fun. I'll write up a more detailed bit later when I've decided on my money spending.

I loved that for all the soldiers and magic, in the end it came down to two wizards clubbing each other over the head with their staffs until someone fell down.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Frostgrave