Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Week 11 results

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Opponent: Matt
Scenario: The Keep
Treasure: 4-1 in my favour
Level: 16 (205XP banked)
Warband Rating: 2800

Matt kept saying he was due "that" game, and he got it - sort of. Yes, his dice were probably slightly below average, but mine were on fire! I think I rolled more natural 20s in this game that I had in my previous 6 and practice games! Started off with a Treasure Hunter going for a treasue and ending up on Matt's side of the table facing half his warband. He was attacked by 2 bows, Xbow and a bolt-throwing apprentice - twice! When the dust settled, he was still standing! A thief teleported in to help him, and took out a templar (I think) and nearly took out another thief in a mutally assured destruction (Matt's thief was dispatched by my hunter). The hunter ran off, only to be attacked by a pack of wolves, which he then defeated before swaggering off the board.

In the meantime, every time Matt picked up a loot (apart from the middle one) he would get screwed by one of my soldiers turning up and whacking them over the head.

Worst was my Barbarian, who charged Matt's man-at-arms to stop him getting away with loot. His apprentice came in to help out, and it was a stalemate. In a desperation move, my wizard threw a grenade into the combat, and killed the wizard and man-at-arms and only singed my barbarian. With the game winding down, both my magic users jumped in the teleport discs for the XP (eventually), and the treasures were removed. Only downside to hot dice was that meant a lot of time my troops would stand on a disc, only to stay where they were (6 rolls on the trot at one point).

Post-game, got max XP (actually 380!), improved Will and Leap, found gold, Grimoire (Wall) and a Staff of Power(1), and bought another Staff of Power(1) from a passing Staffologist. Only 7gc from my Treasury.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Week 11 results

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 pm

Opponent: Charlie
Scenario: The Genie
Treasure: 3-2 in my favour
Level: 19 (70XP banked)
Warband Rating: 5452

The Genie was much less imposing than other people have made out! It appeared right in the middle of Charlie's warband with the first treasure picked up, but he then took half its health with a single magic bow shot and swamped it to stab it to death with a magic dagger a few rounds later. I don't think it landed a single hit.

The Genie distraction got me the central treasure, though my wizard did bite it to secure it off the table, leaving himself in the open after making the treasure bearer invisible.
Tom

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Tom wrote:Opponent: Charlie
Scenario: The Genie
Treasure: 3-2 in my favour
Level: 19 (70XP banked)
Warband Rating: 5452

The Genie was much less imposing than other people have made out! It appeared right in the middle of Charlie's warband with the first treasure picked up, but he then took half its health with a single magic bow shot and swamped it to stab it to death with a magic dagger a few rounds later. I don't think it landed a single hit.

The Genie distraction got me the central treasure, though my wizard did bite it to secure it off the table, leaving himself in the open after making the treasure bearer invisible.

He did pretty much the exact same thing to the giant worm. :lol:
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:11 pm

Not much of a problem in a later campaign warband, as they have access to magic weapons.
Not a fun thing to have turn up when it's a rookie warband, as Matt found out, especially if it pops up right in the middle of the warband the turn after the opponent has one-shot the only soldier with a magic weapon. :twisted:
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Return to Frostgrave