Week 9 Results

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Week 9 Results

Postby Brad85 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Dave wrote:All my natural 20’s came out in this game so I expect my next opponent to have an easy win.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Opponent Dave, I lost...
4-1 treasures to Dave
I levelled up a couple of times to level 8, an archer died and was hired back.

I did manage to kill a boar though 8-)
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Re: Week 9 Results

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:38 pm

Opponent: Simon
Scenario: Haunted Houses
Treasure: 2-3 to Simon
Level: 13 (145XP banked)
Warband Rating: 3453

Oh Dear! Went with death or glory a few times, and death it was. Lost my Captain just as he was about to level up!
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Opponent: Tom
Scenario: Haunted Houses
Treasure: 3-2 in my favour
Level: 14 (105XP banked)
Warband Rating: 2243

Bit of a blood bath this - the only models to survive the game were those carrying or escaping with treasure! Started well for me, as (knowing there may be wraiths lurking) I sent my magic-weapon soldiers into the tombs (replacing houses) first, setting off and killing a wraith and a ghoul in turn 2. Started running off with the two treasures I had, and made a play for the central one. Meanwhile Tom was having a problem with the wraith and ghoul he'd set off, and had to use his wizard to dispatch the wraith (in typical ARBBL fashion, the wraith appeared in the tomb away from his soldier with magic sword). Tom then blinded my Man-At-Arms, and attacked him with his treasure hunter, who got beaten by the blind fool and was left on wound. My Infantryman charged the treasure hunter and was promptly killed! Meanwhile, one of Tom's crossbowmen woke up and started hurting of killing everything he could see!

Tom cast Fool's Gold on my thief, who dropped the loot and it moved towards Tom's forces. I telekensised the treasure back to my side out of LoS of his apprentice. My thief recovered the treasure and was promptly crossbow'd to death. All this time, no-one had recovered the central loot, as the appearing ghoul was being hard to kill, and Tom's invisible captain was lurking around.

Tom's leopard killed my other thief who was running away in the other direction, which was then dispatched by my own Xbow. Tom then teleported his wizard onto the treasure my first thief had dropped, and survived a Elemental Bolt to the face (we both ended on 27!) and a crossbow, and I had to run my treasure hunter away from the central loot to engage his wizard. Luckily I got the next turn, and moved my wizard and xbow into combat, his wiz failed to win or die in his phase, then my apprentice moved in before the treasure hunter scored the kill. Around this time, TOm made a play for the central with his captain, but after a few rounds he was beaten off.

Next turn, my apprentice killed himself to heal the wizard, and the next couple of turns were mainly me moving to try and get the treasures before Tom got off the board or died.

Game ended with my wizard and barbarian on the board carrying loot, and the other 3 safely off the board.

My injuries rolls were a lot better than Tom's, and just my crossbow took a badly wounded, so I sacked him and replaced him with a marksman. Gained gold, a Grimoire (Plague of Insects) and a couple of bottles of Fairy Dust. Sold some scrolls I'm not going to use, and bought some Boots of Speed from a goblin in a back alley (which meant overall my warband rating went down!).

Gained the max 300XP, so increased health, improved Heal and learned Write Scroll (not the most sensible plan with 2 or 3 games left, but I think I'll keep the wizard in case we ever want to play pick up games or run one of the supplement campaigns).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Opponent: Charlie
Scenario: Library
Treasure: 2-2
Level: 14 with 50XP banked, +1 health and Leap becomes easier.
Warband Rating: 5004 (still mostly one potion)

Lost my Knight, will be replacing one for one, does he lose his magic weapon or can I drag the body back to my camp first?
Found some books (meh), and a combat scroll.
Black Market was out again as I had another 3 blanks. :oops:
Did some housekeeping, lost scrolls I didn't want and noticed that one of my potions would have come in really handy had I remembered it.

Noticeable moments, first run in with invisibility and I hate it and my slowest model made it to the centre, grabbed treasure and made it off of the board. Go strawman, though the 6 successful Leaps might have helped. :D
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:55 pm

Darkson wrote:Gained the max 300XP, so increased health, improved Heal and learned Write Scroll (not the most sensible plan with 2 or 3 games left, but I think I'll keep the wizard in case we ever want to play pick up games or run one of the supplement campaigns).

I was thinking the same. Hold on to this band and try to play some of the many campaigns we now have in expansion books some time.
Tom

Return to Frostgrave