Week 6 results

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Week 6 results

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:10 am

WIll write up here (did it and lost it in browser crash)g, but level 9 and 3800~
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Week 6 results

Postby Brad85 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Vs Simon in the ice storm scenario.

My apprentice got away, everyone else was taken out of action. I didn't get any treasure and Trixie the Tanuki died in the post game, as did my newly hired Treasure Hunter, apparently naming him Peanut Brittle was a bad idea :roll:

While limping around and getting messed up, my crew took out a skeleton. But left all the treasure behind.

All in all, not their best outing :lol:

Scraped in 85xp, which got me to level 6, with 35 banked. Learned the Transpose grimoire.

I think my stats stay basically the same
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:03 pm

Brad85 wrote:I think my stats stay basically the same

Rating should go down, given that you lost two pay-for soldiers. :oops:
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Brad85 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm

I don't think I adjusted up for the treasure hunter to begin with :|

I'll recalculate it
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Opponent Brad
Scenario The Icy Storm
Treasure 4 - 0
Level 9 with 5 xp banked
Warband rating 3515
Misc  +1 Fight, improved Telekinesis, leaned Banish and Wizards Eye. Found some potions, Ring of Protection and a Grimoire (Absorb Knowledge). Bought some Robes of Arrow Turning off a dodgy gnoll in a dark alley.

My dice were (mainly) slightly above average, but Brads were awful! He only seemed to roll high when it was detrimental to himself. Even the turn where I tried to kill a creature so he could escape with a treasure he rolled high to save the creature! At one pint, his treasure hunter, with the central treasure was attacked by my Barbarian, Infantryman and treasure hunter, and left on 1 wound. Brad fired 3 shots into combat (in the slim hope of freeing his hunter up). He randomly selected my infantryman all 3 times, hit all 3 times, and failed to wound 3 times!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby bennyowens » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Opponent Matt
Scenario The Worm Hunt
Treasure 2 - 3
Level  11 with 70 exp banked
Warband rating 3895
Misc  Added a point to my health, and boosted Grenade (legally this time!) Bought a magic bow of +1 shoot.
A Man at Arms and Knight will miss the next game. :cry:

A very swingy game, with Matt pinning me down early with a crossbowman and his Wizard pinging shots my way. Wish I'd remembered to use my potion that makes my wizard untargetable from over 12" away!
Two constructs showed up on my side of the board, and my Control Construct scroll that I'd assumed I would never use proved totally ineffective. Great.
I started getting stuff going in the second half with some grenades and shooting, and my doggy being a good boy and killing a soldier in combat.
The worm was shy and didnt show up til the end of the game, on the far side of the board, and Matt one shotted it so I didnt get to score any senario XP.
I only lost 3 proper soldiers (not counting thugs/thieves), but rolled abysmally and will be heading into my next game missing two of my best fighters.
Finally remembered to drink my pre game potion though, which gave me 50 extra XP but shaved 2000 off my warband rating.
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Return to Frostgrave