Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Week 5 results

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 am

Opponent Gary
Scenario The Living Museum
Treasure 2 - 2
Level 5 with 115 exp banked
Warband rating 1947
Misc  Found Grimoires of Wizards Eye (banked) and Furious Quill (sold as know it), and got sold a +1 Dam 2-H weapon of the back of a wagon. Replaced a Thug with a Man-at-Arms (as I'm fed up with missing with +2 Fight, so fancy missing with some +3 Fight instead!).
Leveled up my fight stat (back to +2!), and made Telekinesis easier.

A frustrating game overall. Gary nearly quit after a couple of turns as I'd badly wounded his wizard, his apprentice had taken damage and I'd wounded or killed the bear, leopard and his Knight.
Then his archers woke up and started hitting things (unlike my crossbowman), and some of his lesser troops started to hit in combat. Add in the Constructs being impervious to damage and my barbarian being useless and it all started to go badly for me.

To round it off, Gary's archer hit the thief carrying the central treasure, just before the blizzard hit (he would have one shotted it if it hadn't already been wounded), meaning neither of us got it.

Neither of us were helped by the inability of Thugs and Thieves to pass the will roll to pick up the treasure (I think between us we failed 8 of 12 attempts. )
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Week 5 results

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:42 am

Opponent Simon
Scenario The Living Museum
Treasure 2 - 2
Level 10 with 70 exp banked
Plus to fight, spent a bit more time trying to learn some more about heal and remembered Mud.
Bear and Thief badly hurt so expect replacements in the post, others made full recovery.
Treasure poor again with only one dusty book found though have accepted a dodgy looking staff from a goblin on the high Street.
Simon is right with his assessment, both wizard and apprentice on the table edge licking their wounds until my guys covering the retreat suddenly came good!

Warband rating 5049 as potions not used yet.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:42 am

Gary, yes the casting roll can go below 1!

Time to roll a 1 on a wounded, Cursed, quilled apprentice. ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby bennyowens » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:19 pm

Opponent Dave
Scenario The Complex Temple
Treasure 5 - 1
Level  9 with 10 exp banked
Warband rating 6285 (2000 of which is still a single potion as I forgot to drink it before this game!)
Misc  Learned Grenade from a grimoire, increased wizards health, and boosted Grenade.
Found a Scroll of Raise Zombie, 2 grimoires (Invisibilty and Strength) and an Orb of Power.
One of my archers (Sterling) and my robo pooch snuffed it, so I've bought replacements as I dont have any other models painted up!

What was looking to be a brief and uneventful game, with both of us grabbing 3 treasures and making a run for it, turned into a real nail biter.
Decided playing it safe is boring and sent one of my soldiers bombing across the table to engage Dave'a captain, starting a combat that would involve about 8 different people before all was said and done!
Moment of the match was my wizard teleporting across the table to perfectly block Dave's thief getting off the table with a treasure ("You shall not pass!") and then bonking him on the head in close combat.
My apprentice continued to be the dirt worst, injuring himself on nearly every spell attempt until a clutch telekinesis at the end to rescue the treasure from the afore mentioned royal rumble.
Had 2 soldiers killed in the game and rolled a 1 and a 2 on the injury table, killing both of them. Meanwhile, even though I killed nearly all of Dave's warband, he rolled a 15+ for every single one of them!

Fun game!
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Dave » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Opponent: Ben
Scenario: The Complex Temple
Treasure: 5-1 (in Ben’s favour).
Level: 8 (+35 banked)
Warband Rating: 3,335

For my own info:
Level 7: +1 Health (18)
Level 8: Imp -1 (10)

Fun game, Men at Arms are a bit good.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:48 pm

Ben, you can’t improve a spell you only just learned.
Tom

Postby bennyowens » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:17 pm

Tom wrote:Ben, you can’t improve a spell you only just learned.

Oops, sorry, will put the point into Heal instead
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 am

Game 4 vs Tom.
Scenario 6 The Worm Hunts

Well it didnt sort of hunt but blindly moved into combat.

Who needs to worry about a large worm when you have a blind berserker.
Who dispatched a hobbit thief and my wizard by crazily swinging his 2h weapon about.
Had to pay to get my wizard back to full health for the next game.

Lots of blind people and transposing 3/2 in Tom's favour. Which could have been so easily 4/1

Yes my dice tray is possessed and will need to be cleansed before i can use it again.

Gained wand of power
After PMI costs left with 34g
Banked xp 65

Level 9
+1 to Transpose
+1 Health
Learnt Grimoire - Animate Skull

Sorry missed this.
Gang rating is 2574
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Opponent: Mike
Scenario: Worm Hunt
Treasure: 3 - 2
Level: 9 with 120 exp banked
Warband rating: 3,774

As Mike said, I got the lucky end of the dice rolls this time and my blinded infantryman got to kills including Mike's wizard! That said, charging your wizard at a blind enemy? There's only one way that's ending at our club.

Mike did the brunt of the damage to the worm and I kill stealed the final plink for the enough xp to hit the 300 limit. Only loss to me was a badly injured infantryman and found some more items so the rating keeps bumping up.
Tom

Return to Frostgrave