Frostgrarbbl

Including Ghost Archipelago, Rangers of Shadow Deep and Stargrave

Re: Frostgrarbbl

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Beardy spell use that went through 1e and survived through to 2e because no one had tried and/or questioned it.

Wizards Eye is easiest to explain as if you think of the Eye as a sticker, everything in front of the sticker can be seen, behind can't. Someone pointed out that RAW you can cast it onto the floor (or low-terrain) such as a sewer cover and give yourself 360 field of view.

Joe has said the intent of the spell (from 1e onwards) that was that it was cast on vertical surfaces. It might be errata'd, but he has said he doesn't like to change RAW via erratas unless it's really bad for the game.

So I suggest we go with intention for the spell use? (I don't have it, for disclosure.)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:43 pm

There's a hard limit to a combat bonus now (I'd missed it, but I don't think it's come up in any game so far).

There's a +6 limit to the supporting bonus (so you can have as many models supporting you in a fight as you want, but you can only count 3 of them).

There is also a hard +10 bonus to any combat roll, for any bonus, so stat line, magic, supporting etc.

So for example, a Thug (+2 Fight) with 4 mates in combat would only get a bonus of +8.
A Knight (+4 Fight) with Strength cast on it (+2 Fight) and a magic weapon (+1 Fight) with 3 mates in combat (+6) would still only get to add +10 to the roll, not +13.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:56 am

Darkson wrote:Beardy spell use that went through 1e and survived through to 2e because no one had tried and/or questioned it.

Wizards Eye is easiest to explain as if you think of the Eye as a sticker, everything in front of the sticker can be seen, behind can't. Someone pointed out that RAW you can cast it onto the floor (or low-terrain) such as a sewer cover and give yourself 360 field of view.

Joe has said the intent of the spell (from 1e onwards) that was that it was cast on vertical surfaces. It might be errata'd, but he has said he doesn't like to change RAW via erratas unless it's really bad for the game.

So I suggest we go with intention for the spell use? (I don't have it, for disclosure.)

Put it on the floor if you want, proper amount of scenery will still limit its use.
Did think the "put on a column" chat fun, just stand next to the pillar and totally safe.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu May 20, 2021 10:57 am

Put together a draft campaign doc as I'm excited to get this going when restrictions are lifted to the point that everyone is back in.

Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

Postby Ray » Thu May 20, 2021 11:07 am

That all makes sense but the rules lawyer in me says you need to add an exception for the default scenario from the don't play the same one in a row rule, avoiding a rules hole where someone's previous game was the default scenario and an agreement on which scenario to play can't be reached. Not that I imagine this situation will ever actually come up.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu May 20, 2021 11:18 am

A standard game isn’t a scenario.

It’s not just in a row, you can’t play the same scenario twice in the life of your warband. There are 20 in the book so that shouldn’t be an issue.
Tom

Postby Ray » Thu May 20, 2021 11:30 am

That makes sense. I was just thinking it through logically with no access to the books.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu May 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Seems OK.

Though "for treasures", not "four treasures", which had me confused on first reading (I never win 4 treasures!). ;)
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Thu May 20, 2021 1:43 pm

In the black market bit? You roll four times on treasure table to see your available shopping. Not talking about treasures looted in game.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu May 20, 2021 1:47 pm

That'll teach me to read stuff after 1 hours sleep! (Boiler repair)
Darkson (Simon)

PreviousNext

Return to Frostgrave