Mordheim-A story of piety

Mordheim-A story of piety

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:58 pm

Scenario One - A deal is struck.

Outside the Gods were making themselves felt. It was a storm of epic proportions as the wind and rain was trying its hardest to enter through the walls and roof. The pitch black night was cruelly lit by eye aching flashes of brilliant white.

Inside the smoky bar room everyone’s eyes were on the three cloaked travellers sat at the boards. The onlookers held their collective breaths as the bidding was reaching fever pitch, it was as if losing the bid was more important than the item itself.

Sat on the table between the hooded man’s arms was a large piece of jet black stone flecked with glowing green lines which intensified with the lightning from outside. This was what they were after, this was why they travelled to this desolate place, and this was why they answered their personal invites, this and the promise of more to come.
Owning the piece was a start but the knowledge of where it came from was much more important and finally as one shook her head in defeat everyone leaned forward in expectation. The owner of the stone sat straighter, slowly lifted his hood and started laughing quietly. ‘Well wasn’t that fun ladies, but don’t worry you can find this in Mordheim’. With that he grabbed the stone and leapt up, followed by the brightest light imaginable.

The silence was shocking; the storm had disappeared as suddenly as their so called host.
Greetings Monica, Welcome to the Turks Head, a waypoint on the ‘great’ road between Wurtbad and Mordheim. Why it was called the great road you will always wonder, but no worries soon your long trip will be over and you will be at the state famous monastery in Mordheim to begin your three year term. This final stop wasn’t planned, though it has been good and you are feeling refreshed for your final push, but it seems fate has leant a hand. You couldn’t help but notice the auction at the end of the table; well they didn’t really keep it quiet did they and you are deeply shocked of what seems to be happening under Holy Mother Angelica’s nose. She must be informed of this evil immediately.
Terrain; The scenario is based in a Roadside Tavern consisting of a yard, a stable block, a tap room, a barrel store and two guest rooms. The yard gate is the only exit as all doors and windows are locked and barred due to the taverns location.
Warbands; You are positioned at the bar end of the table with your back to the door. Your driver is in the stables playing cards.
Starting the game; Each player rolls a D6. The highest has the first turn and order of play proceeds clockwise around the table from there.
Ending the game; The game ends when the GM has witnessed half of the objectives being fulfilled.
Your objective is to leave immediately with this information.
Special rules; The driver can lead the coach horses at normal walking movement.
Experience; You will earn between zero and three victory points based on success in completing your objective.
Name M WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv Spec.
Novice Monica – 4 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 6 - Hammer and sling
Sister Bernadette – 4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 - Sigmar warhammer
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Mordheim-Notes on running campaign

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Moodygit wrote:4. Sisterhood – The sister is a rich girl on the way to the nunnery in Mordheim, totally unaware of what has happened to it. The news that wyrdstone is readily available on the streets is appalling and has to be reported to the Matriarch. They can either take the coach or the horses from the stables. Her assistant is playing cards in the stable block and when she hears the disturbance she will need to get the animals ready and the gate open. 3 VP for coach, 2 VP for horses and 1 VP for getting out of tavern on foot.

Shame when I asked if I needed to take the horses I was told yes - if I'd known I could have left on foot would have changed how I'd played. Left a bit of a sour taste at the end of the game, which was a shame as I'd enjoyed it up till then. :(
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Mordheim-A story of piety

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:28 pm

I can only apologise that I may have caused you to not like the game. This is the first time I have GM'd anything like this and if I could be honest I cannot really remember what I said as so much was going on. I think I was trying to encourage you to take the horses as it was better for you and helped the story along (especially for game two, which I now have to re write as Ray stole your means of propulsion.) What didn't help was everyone thought it would be better to have all the animals running amok and trying to cause as much havoc as they could.

Once again, very sorry.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Successfully making the way into the courtyard and seeing the serving boy flee through the chaos caused by your driver. The cheek of the lad using your coach horses. The coach never made it out as all of the horses were running wild so I am having to re write the next scenario but that is the fun of trying to run a campaign.

No victory points.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Mordheim-Notes on running campaign

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Darkson wrote:
Shame when I asked if I needed to take the horses I was told yes - if I'd known I could have left on foot would have changed how I'd played. Left a bit of a sour taste at the end of the game, which was a shame as I'd enjoyed it up till then. :(

I didn't know I had to wound my sister to earn the third point. Why would you not leave by foot as fast as you can specially after being trampled by a horse. :P
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Because I asked if I had to leave on a horse, and was told yes - therefore leaving on foot wasn't an option
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 am

Have you forgotten paranoia already. Just because you have to leave by a horse does not mean the commie does. How do you know what a horse is, have you got red clearance.

So why slingshot the horses then? ;) you could have just got on it.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 am

The plan was panic your horse(s) then get on mine, pick up the other sister, then get out.
Then I saw some thieving git in my carriage, went to stop them, then saw someone jump on my horse and leave. And my inability to knock any opponent on the ground didn't help either.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:48 am

Darkson wrote:The plan was panic your horse(s) then get on mine, pick up the other sister, then get out.
Then I saw some thieving git in my carriage, went to stop them, then saw someone jump on my horse and leave. And my inability to knock any opponent on the ground didn't help either.

This is what made the game fun. Lots of people getting in everyone else's way with their own secret agendas. :)
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Mordheim- A starter scenario