Next week is good for me.

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Pumpkinbowl Round 4

Postby waddywoos » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi, sorry I've only just seen this one! Yep Tuesday this week is good for me too. As mentioned I'll need to jet off just after 9 as I have to be on the ice in Oxford at 11 but I'm a quick player so we should be fine :)
waddywoos
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:05 am

Elves vs Khemri - so that will be agility play vs smack-you-in-the-mouth play, right? Wrong, this is ARBBL buddy.

The elves decided that the sporting thing to do was to fail as many dodges as they could, especially #1 Leafwind, who decided he couldn't dodge his way out of snail travelling backwards! Seriously, I have never seen such an incompetent outing from an AG5 player!
That said, the Khemri team odiously decided to leave their punching fists at home, as while they went through the elf armour with great regularity the vast majority of the time they left their opponents face down on the turf.

Game started with the Khemri coach joking that he wished hr had more than one Tackle players, especially as he fully expected him to catch a rock. Elves received, opening Kick-Off roll, Throw a Rock, and as predicted, the Tackle Blitz-ra went off to the KO box. The High Elves, in their only turn of elven agility, all dodged away from the bony players, and screened off the ball carrier. The Sands got one ineffectual blitz in before the elves threw the ball over their heads for the opening score. #5 Psusennes decided to return. The Sands received, and in a move the annoyed the head coach, #18 Cheops decided to pluck the ball from the air. Confused at having to try to protect a lowly lineman it took the Sands their whole turn to manoeuvre the team into a sensible form. Then started a pattern of play that was to continue for much of the game. The elves moved out of reach and in the way, would attempt a Blitz only to fall flat on their face. The Sands would move up, but not really do any damage. Rince and repeat. At the end of the half the Hackers had an chance to surf the Sands lineman, but in continuing his show of incompetence Leafwind fell over. Somewhere amongst all this mayhem, Psusennes was KO'd again, where he decided to stay for the rest of the game.

Second half and the Sands received. "Butterbones" got his hands on the ball, and the Sands tried to slowly start moving up the pitch again. With more and more elves leaving the field (a sending off, couple of KOs, couple of Badly Hurt players) the elves starting taking more risks and finally a elf bull$h*t play worked and #2 Drakis managed to knock down the ball carrier. With the ball in a scrum of players, and Drakis tying up most of the Sands in reach of the ball, the Sands tried desperately to knock Drakis over, who kept side-stepping onto the ball, hoping to put it into a good position. A failed attempt to collect the ball led to the Hackers getting #4 Kobin onto the ball, but with no-one in support and 4 Sands players bearing down on him he decided to throw the ball down-field towards the Sands' end zone. In a desperate move, #6 Entariush sprinted back to recover the ball, and waited for the inevitable Elf to the face. BUt Leafwind wasn't finished in having a bad day, and failed to skip past a Sands Lineman. With a gap opened up in front, the Sands moved forward, screening the ball carrier to the best of their ability. Another(!) failed dodge by Leafwind meant the Sands could move forward and protect the ball carrier properly, and finally Entariush stepped in for the score in the final moments of the game.

The Hackers knew the only chance they had now was if their fans decided to rush the pitch, but as most of them had left the stadium due to the poor play, it wasn't to be, and a consolation completion was all they had time for.

Final score: Elfheim Hackers 1 Sands of Time 2
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby lunchmoney » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 am

After last's failed attempt to leave Bournemouth I am certain I will only be able to get to Andover on those Tuesdays when I leave work at 4.
My next window to get out of town is 20th.
lunchmoney
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:09 am

Dave/Nat - I know you've played your game - can one of you input the match please.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby waddywoos » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:59 pm

I managed to leave my bloodbowl stuff in Oxford on Tuesday and won't be able to get it back for a week... included in that box is my match sheet so if Dave could input it, I'll add what happened with my SPP's when I get it back.
waddywoos
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:10 pm

3-1 victory for my Chaos Boys vs Hazelnut's Elves.

Essentially I had a good smashy first turn or two and he never really recovered while I whittled him off the pitch. It didn't help that the block dice definitely fell in my favour and let the elves down.

Big props to Hazelnut for being a perfect gentleman all through getting the raw end of the blood bowl stick. I'm sure I'd have been much grumpier in his position!

Gained a Beastman with Guard and second skill for a Warrior who now has Block and Claws :twisted:
Tom

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:54 am

Don't worry, if you do that to me I will moan. (The clue's in the name ;) )
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Dave/Nat - bump!

Darkson wrote:Dave/Nat - I know you've played your game - can one of you input the match please.
Darkson (Simon)

Previous

Return to Pumpkinbowl (club league)