Pumpkinbowl Round 2

Re: Pumpkinbowl Round 2

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Matt, I'm now playing you in round 2 - do you want to play on the 28th?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tom » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:56 pm

1-0 win over Waddywoos' Amazons.

A game characterised by my dice that were very keen to break armour and roll injuries, but utterly refused to pick up the ball. I received first and repeatedly fumbled the ball slowly just about to the half way line by the end of the first half. However meanwhile I was also grinding Amazons slowly off the pitch and started the second half massively outnumbering them. Surely we can score now!

Fumbled the ball from the half way line to the touchline again over the entire second half, possession bounced back and forth a bit more this half but the Amazons could never clear it and it slowly plodded toward the touchline. Finally scored from a re-rolled 3+ pickup of the ball on the final roll of the match.

For all the injuries inflicted, none were permanent and the Amazons will bounce back after a rest game.

I gained 2 Chaos Warriors with Block and and an apothecary. Bashing time.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:13 pm

Played Matt tonight, won 2-0.

Matt was starting with 9 fit players, so the difference in teams gave him 320k to play with. After a bit of thought, and some brainstorming he decided to take Zara and a babe for the game (sensibly I thought). I won the toss and decided to receive, hoping to get a shot at Zara but with no luck, especially after Matt for a perfect defence. Kick came up wide left, and after knocking a few elves over my thro-ra went to pick up the ball, and in a continuing lack of ability, failed a GFI, though the ball did scatter to a lineman that decided to catch it ( :roll: ). Moved the ball to the middle, and knocked Zara over (the Oli-curse of Pow). Elves manoeuvred around the ball, hitting a few and generally getting in the way. It was probably at this point the game was decided, as Zara was hit again (Oli-curse of Pow x2) but this time her armour was broken and she was removed for the rest of the game. Matt did manage to knock the ball loose, but it scattered to the wrong spot for him, the thro-ra moved in and managed to collect the ball this time, and the rest of the half was a slow meander upfield as Matt decided not to risk his few standing players to the attack, instead trying to take out lone skellies. Half ended 1-0, and with Zara and a line-elf out, Matt only had 8 players for the 2nd half.

2nd half started with the ball going deep. The elf thrower picked it up, and 2 elves made a dash down the sidelines, while his blitzer punched a hole through the middle, but failed to dodge clear into the middle. The Sands marked up the 2 runners, marked the fallen Blitzer, then tried to corral the linemen into the middle. The blitzer got up, made a space and moved forward, and the thrower stayed just out of reach of any Sands players, who on the whole stayed on their marking duties. With the Mighty Blow getting close, the elf thrower moved forward and lobbed the ball downfield to the blitzer, who decided not to catch it despite the use of a reroll. The Sands managed to collect the ball with the thro-ra, and wandered down the field to score a late 2nd. The team reset but with no Riot Matt had no time to score, so got in the obligatory pass and tried to hit a few players for SPP but with no luck.

Basically, Matt got screwed. If the roles had been reversed I'd have taken Zara to, but a couple of Pows and she was gone, and Matt had a shortage of bodies, and the ones he did have were mostly linemen.

Round 3 can start.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:53 am

Post games still to be done:

Dave: SPPs, Winnings, MVP, skills - Done
Matt: SPPs, MVP, skills
Simon: MVP, Skills - Done
Nat: SPPs, Winnings, MVP, skills - Done
Gary: Skills - Done
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Tom and/or Nat -one of you needs to add the gate to your game to.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:18 pm

I think Nat wrote it down. I certainly didn't.
Tom

Previous

Return to Pumpkinbowl (club league)