Pumpkinbowl Round 1

Re: Pumpkinbowl Round 1

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:19 pm

2 teams with minimal skills between them equals a game full of failure and unexpected successes.

Sands of Time kicked to the Goliaths, and after a couple of turns of ineffectual pushing the Goliaths had the ball on their left hand side. Half the Sands run over to try to screen off the ball carrier, while the other half gathered around the fallen He Dense, who was laying on the turf after falling over alongside Ra-amen-em-ha. A shift kick to the nuts by Asten left the Ogre being carried from the field with his constitution a little weaker than before.

The Sands advantage was short lived though, as Ataruamterhemutranu, seeing ther oppotunity to clear the way to the ball carrier for his team-mates, launched himself full pelt (well, lumbered) at Fitz the Marauder. When the dust settled Fitz was sitting dazed on the pitch while Ataruamterhemutranu ended up back in the dressing room calling for a new set of bandages to be send from Khemri.

The Sands regrouped from this setback, managed to knock the ball lose, and Hakizimana swooped in to collect the lose pigskin. He Strange was having none of this, and knocked Hakizimana down. Bau stepped up, and in a surprising display of awareness, decided he'd like the ball. All visions of glory for the lowly lineman vanished when He Strange decided that this was unacceptable, and took him down, but fell over himself (much to the disappointment of the crowd gathered behind him). In disgust at the incompetence of his team-mates, Entariush ran in, picked up the ball and moved forward. The Goliaths attempted a desperate attempt to recover the ball, but Entariush survived, and some pushing later, found himself with a free run into the Endozne.

With seconds left on the clock, Pete gathered the Kick-Off, and realising that time was against them, send a successful pass into the arms of He Strange.

With the Sands on a 11-10 man advantage the 2nd half kicked off with a gentle breeze wafting the ball further away from the expectant Hakizimana, and with his team-mates screening him from the advancing Marauders he decided to enliven the proceedings by flailing around with the ball for a couple of turns.
ImageImage
El NiƱo saw the opportunity to steal the ball, gathered it successfully, but missed the discarded bandage on the floor and tripped, taking him out of this and the next game. The ball was eventually secured, but Neb-er-zer was sent to the KO box for the Khemri equivalent of smelling salts. Deciding that grabbing the ball had been hard enough, the Sands surrounded Hakizimana and trundled upfield. A final last-gasp Blitz by He Strange popped the ball loose, but with no-one left to attempt to retrieve it, the Goliaths were left hoping on the legendary inability of the Khemri players to pick up a free ball. Alas for them, Entariush must have been raised from a long-dead elf, and he easily recovered the ball, and sprinted in for his, and the Sands, second score.

With no time left on the clock, and He Small deciding that the dug-out was more comfortable than risking his neck, the Goliaths set up in an attempt to smash some respect in to their long-dead opponents, but failed to break the bones of any of the players. Pete had found himself in possession of the ball again, but in an attempt to encourage the ball-handling skills of his team-mates, attempted to hand the ball off to Svenson, who unfortunately was to busy watching the scrap in front of him and dropped the ball, leading the referee to blow the whistle and the coaches to march off to conduct their post-game interviews for CBS.

Final score, 2-0 Sands of Time, 0-1 causalities.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Final game played today, so Ray and Pass, please get your results in, as we need to see how gets the first challenge.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Send them a forum PM and they'll get an email ping.
Tom

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Have done, twice, and PMs have been picked up.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby lunchmoney » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Poke them with a stick.
lunchmoney
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:05 am

Forgot to do my skill rolls last night, I will rectify this next tuesday infront of a suitable witness. Can I check that I have been doing my income roll correctly, roll one d6 add fame and that is how many 1000gps you get?
Mark
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:33 am

d6 + fame +1 for a win. And if you won you can re-roll but must accept the second result.
Tom

Postby lunchmoney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 am

Reaper Man 2020 wrote:Forgot to do my skill rolls last night, I will rectify this next tuesday infront of a suitable witness. Can I check that I have been doing my income roll correctly, roll one d6 add fame and that is how many 1000gps you get?

Tom wrote:d6 + fame +1 for a win. And if you won you can re-roll but must accept the second result.

Just to add to this, you also +1 if you had a draw.
lunchmoney
Lesser Pumpkin

Previous

Return to Pumpkinbowl (club league)