Frostgrave Day 14/01/17

Threads for events we went (or wanted to go) to.

Frostgrave Day 14/01/17

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:03 pm

http://wargamesillustrated.net/event/frostgrave-day-2/

In the dark, grim, Northern part of the Frozen City, you can find the majority of the city’s temples and cathedrals, the area known as The Hallowed. This area is full of ancient treasures, the arcane lore of the Gods and Demi-Gods, plus the more earthly treasures once offered in sacrifice. Yet for many wizards, it is the lure of the ability to create Pacts with beings from beyond reality, using True Names and other means, that is the main focus, for who would not want to harness the power of the angels and demons? But such beings seek to guard themselves from interlopers, using both mortal worshippers and more fantastical creatures as guardians. As always, fame, fortune and glory await those who dare to explore ruined Felstad – and an untimely death lurks around every corner…

Dare you sign up to use your Wizards and Warbands to delve into the Frozen City once more, taking on new demonic foes and their barbarian worshippers, as detailed in the Forgotten Pacts supplement? All players should arrive with a newly created Warband and will have the chance to take part in a series of games where they can either prosper or perish, whilst avoiding the attentions of The Fallen One and his minions. Excitement, adventure and really, really wild things await!

Wargames Illustrated/Battlefront Europe
Unit 4C
Tissington Close
Beeston
Nottingham
NG9 6QG

MAGAZINE COVERAGE

We will be covering the day for WI magazine, please note you may be seen in photos and video taken on the day. We may also be providing some material for use by Osprey Games and North Star Military Hobbies, our generous sponsors.

We are looking for several players to tell us how their preparation and day panned out. If you would be interested in writing a small report on the creation of your Warband and how it performed on the day, please let us know.

AND FINALLY

The Frostgrave Day is not a tournament. It is instead a Campaign Day set within the world of the Frozen City of Felstad as outlined in the rulebook and supplements. We are hoping for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. You will note that the timetable is not ‘packed’ and you will not be rushed from table to table.

We look forward to welcoming you to WIHQ and promise you a Devil of a time!

Would anyone (driver!) be interested in going up to Nottingham for this? I'm tempted, and can (currently) get the weekend off work (both Gary and myself are scheduled to be working, but he's given me first dibs) but in all likelihood I will still be (voluntarily) without wheels.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Past tournaments