June 25th, The Pumpkin cup! Guildball

Threads for events we went (or wanted to go) to.

June 25th, The Pumpkin cup! Guildball

Postby nobby » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 pm

The first ever ARBBL Guild Ball tournament! The ARBBL club is known for producing some of the worst players the gaming industry has ever seen, constantly rolling one's, making bad decisions and generally not being very good at anything. So I decided to hold a tournament in honour of bad play! I'm nice like that.

It will be a serious tournament though, ultra competitive and who am I kidding, it wont be and any body caught being a nob will be given a stern talking to.

Right costs and stuff.

It shall be held at the Picket twenty Community centre on the picket twenty estate in Andover, please note that this is outside of town but just off the a303, first turning into Andover in fact coming from the Basingstoke side of Andover.

Here is a map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Pic ... 34b3d7c827

Tickets shall cost £10 of your hard earned/stolen/inherited cash and shall provide you with my merry company for the day. There will be a lunch period which you can all bugger off into town or down the a303 to the drive through Macdonalds or something. We can order pizzas for lunch but there are no nearby shops, unless I walk with you and show you how to get there which is unlikely. A pain, I know, but the community centre is a fantastic venue apart from this fact, it has underfloor heating and automatic doors and everything magical like that.

If arriving by train, I believe there is a bus straight from the train station that will take you to picket twenty itself, if not (will double check) it is a short walk into town and the bus station. taxi's are about 6 pounds from town to p20 as well, or if you are feeling brave, about 30-1hr walk depending on how fast you are.

Payment to hadesgames@gmx.com through Paypal please, please send as friends and family due to the fees.

Ze rules. This will either be a 4 game or 5 game tournament depending on numbers, once it hits enough for 5 game sI will post an amended timetable but the start time will remain the same.

First Game 9.30-11.30

Second Game: 11.40-13.40

Lunch:13.40-14.30

Third game:14.30-16.30

Fourth Game:16.40-18.40

Awards and wrapping up stuff: 18.40-1900

Official rules for the tournament please according to season 2! Will update once the official play document represents what season 2 tournaments shall entail chaps and chapettes.

I will do my best to provide Mats for the event and terrain is not a problem, ut if anyone does have any mats spare, could you please let me know so I can put more money into the prize fund :D Also, any chess clocks or such things would be greatly appreciated as I cannot provide these!

Prizes will include but not limited to: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, best painted team, best goal, last place, the Pundit assassination award (special one, close to my heart ;) )

Hope to see lots and lots of you there!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Re: June 25th, The Pumpkin cup! Guildball

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:46 am

Going (took last spot, to go with the last place I'm going to earn).

So now:
1) Oli has to get down the club more to teach me how to play.
2) He has to finish my team.

;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Past tournaments