Dreadball League 2

Re: Dreadball League 2

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:24 pm

If it is me bottom then Ray with Simon last game of season. :twisted:
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 am

I expect it will be, but we should know fairly early tomorrow (assuming Mark can make it this week?)
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:29 pm

I've updated the first post to reflect the current state of the league.

With just one match each left to play, First place is going to whoever wins the Gary vs Sven match, with the loser likely to take second place, although me and Simon are also in the running if we do well in our matches. Third place could go to anyone except Mike or Mark depends on what happens in the matches. Hopefully all the games can happen tomorrow and we can bring the league to an end.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Just seen one of the most ridiculous rules that I missed when reading through the rules.
Technically, I'm winning the league at the moment:
P.55 wrote:If there is a draw on team rankings, then it’s ranked by points. If that is tied then rank the teams by strike difference.

I'm NOT suggesting we run it like that, as that seems really stupid (it's not on whether you win or lose, it's on how much money you make [amongst other things]). I'm happy to have beaten #1 and #2. ;)
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:44 pm

I thought Ray was running based on tournament points system and not league system.
:?:
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Darkson wrote:Just seen one of the most ridiculous rules that I missed when reading through the rules.
Technically, I'm winning the league at the moment:
P.55 wrote:If there is a draw on team rankings, then it’s ranked by points. If that is tied then rank the teams by strike difference.

I'm NOT suggesting we run it like that, as that seems really stupid (it's not on whether you win or lose, it's on how much money you make [amongst other things]). I'm happy to have beaten #1 and #2. ;)

Isn't that a tie breaker for the two teams, not the whole league?
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Not according to the league table they show. Just really bizarre. It's almost like they expect the highest team rating to also have the most points.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:13 pm

As far as I can find only in the rule book does it mention team rating as the ranking for a league. Mantic forum and others all use the points system to calculate.

If anything it should be the highest points followed by the lowest team rating. The lowest team rating should have to work harder than the highest to win. The highest would have more cards, dice and skilled players.

theoretically you could have the highest team rating and not win a match just by being lucky with the last games money dice roll. :ugeek:
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Finished with a whitewash of Mike's Zees. Got a couple of scores early, but it was starting to look a bit dodgy as Buzzcut was just starting to create havoc, and the Zee's were blocking most of the scoring opportunity.
Couldn't get the little buggers off the pitch either by slams or by callig fouls, so in the end I decided to throw a ball at the back of one of their heads.

That's where the game swung luckily (or beardy in Mike's opinion ;) ). Took the Zee of for 2 turns, ball bounced back into the hands of the throwing Striker who caught it, doubled the catch, and after the free move managed to make 2 dashes to get into position to score the points needed to win the game.

I had the luck there, because if that hadn't worked I think the Strike was going to be crumped bad.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:22 pm

If everyone could send me a copy of their final team I'll keep the rosters to use as exhibition teams for the future.
Darkson (Simon)

PreviousNext

Return to Dreadball