Deadzone Campaign

Deadzone Campaign

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 pm

As the dreadball has come to the end. Congrats Gary. The next Mantic campaign is due.

My guess is we have the following decks;
Mike 2 x Rebs and 1 each of Enforcers, Marauders and Plague.
Simon 1 each of Asterians, Enforcers, Rebs, Marauders and Plague
Ray and Mat 1 each of Enforcers, Rebs, Marauders and Plague
Tom Plague

16 decks should be enough but we may have problems with numbers of models. This may limit the number of games per night but hopefully if I spread them across weeks we can share models.

If you are looking at Brokkr or Asterians, Oli can order for you at reasonable rates. 8-)

I will be using the campaign rules out of the rule book. Your strike force will be 140 points and you will get 70 for each strike team game.
Once I know your faction choices I will provide roster sheets with PDFs/printed copies of the cards so you can choose starter forces and starting resources. You do not get to pick all model types or items at the start. All troop and basic ammo types are available and you can choose to unlock 3 in total other models/items.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Deadzone Campaign

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Deadzone roster sheet
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/deadzone%20roster%20web%20ready.pdf

Choose initial clearances
The assumption is that most things in Deadzones are restricted. You are new in this battle zone and supplies are limited.
On the back of your roster sheet write down all of the Troopers in your faction. You can always choose from any types of Trooper and normal ammo (not AP to start with). All other models and items start the campaign restricted. Then choose 3 clearances. Each clearance lifts one restriction on a single model or item. This means that the model or item becomes available to your Strike Force. Note this on your roster sheet.
For example, if you are playing Enforcers you will always be able to take all of the Trooper options. You might decide to use your three initial clearances to add the Enforcer Captain and the Enforcer with the missile launcher. The last one you could spend making frag grenade items available. They’re always useful. All other models and items will remain restricted and unavailable to buy until you earn more clearances and lift the restrictions.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:18 pm

Restrictions :arrow:
In a campaign, each player’s initial Strike Force represents a newly-arrived unit in the battle zone. It has limited resources and no reputation to persuade the local units to help it out with supplies. A Strike Force starts with access to only a few of its faction’s possible models and items. The others are restricted.

This represents how well known and how respected the Strike Force is. The more missions it fulfils
and the longer it remains at the front the better its reputation. And, the better a reputation a Strike Force has, the more easily it can persuade High Command that it should get what it wants by way of supplies and replacements. Reputation is “spent” between battles to improve the Strike Force and to gain better medical treatment for casualties. The roster sheet has a space
for the total reputation ever earned, and a separate space for “unspent” reputation. Highest total reputation is the usual measure of a campaign winner. Unspent reputation is only used for working out what can be bought between missions.

Clearance :arrow:
Regardless of the outcome, each battle a Strike Force fights improves its standing with High Command
and improves its clearance. Each clearance allows a Strike Force to remove one restriction. Note this newly available model or item on the back of your roster sheet.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Who plays against who
Starting with the lowest ranked Strike Force, let them issue a challenge. Simply pick any other Strike Force that has not already got a challenge match in this period and issue your challenge. If they fail to fight you in that time period then they lose 5 from their total reputation for cowardice. This also works the other way if the challenger does not turn up for an agreed challenge.

I will not be using the loss of reputation rule. :evil:

Choose games just like Dreadball.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:01 am

I've only got a Plague deck. How many sets of scenery/mats do we have?
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby nobby » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:57 am

Probably quite a few but I can get everything Mantic at a reduced cost for everyone as well ;)
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:10 am

Tom have updated on top post.
Simon, Ray, Mat and myself have I think about 7 mats so no problem there.
Scenery I think about 5/6 sets.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:57 am

Still need to play before any campaign starts.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Sounds like loads of scenery then. If we were short I'd have been happy to pick some up as long as it could be stashed at the club. For now I'm more worried about the storage space in my house due to getting back into the plastic fighty men hobby than the cost!
Tom

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:23 pm

For those have not played yet, possibly try the quick game rules.

https://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/deadzone%20demo%20guide%204-page%20final.pdf

I have pretty much a faction glued for Rebs, Marauders, Enforcers and Plague
Tom you have Plague, Mat/ Ray can you advise on your factions.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Deadzone