3e discussion

Re: 3e discussion

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:40 pm

Making an Xpts list invariably means you have points left over. EasyArmy allows you to add equipment (ammo, grenades etc) but is that allowed for campaign games, or is it only for one-off games?
I.e. is it worth me spending the additional points for practice/learning games, or should I just go without?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Sun May 15, 2022 8:03 pm

Darkson (Simon) wrote:Making an Xpts list invariably means you have points left over. EasyArmy allows you to add equipment (ammo, grenades etc) but is that allowed for campaign games, or is it only for one-off games?
I.e. is it worth me spending the additional points for practice/learning games, or should I just go without?

Yes you can do that in campaign games but the items you use must be on your campaign roster. Single use items that you use in the game get crossed off, but you get to keep any new items you pick up and don't use.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:47 am

Just to check (and it might be explained better in the Forces book or full rulebook), on EasyArmy some equipment is unlimited, whilst others have a max (eg AP ammo 4, Medic Pack 1). Is the max the total I'm allowed in a single game, or the total I'm allowed in a force?
I.e. Could I have 6 models with AP ammo and deploy 4 of them, or am I allowed 4 total?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:56 am

Deadzone rules committee man on FB says letterbox posting knockback is correct.
Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:14 am

Darkson (Simon) wrote:Just to check (and it might be explained better in the Forces book or full rulebook), on EasyArmy some equipment is unlimited, whilst others have a max (eg AP ammo 4, Medic Pack 1). Is the max the total I'm allowed in a single game, or the total I'm allowed in a force?
I.e. Could I have 6 models with AP ammo and deploy 4 of them, or am I allowed 4 total?

Max deployed per game. As much as you want on your full force list
Tom

Postby ErebusMort » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:21 am

Tom wrote:Deadzone rules committee man on FB says letterbox posting knockback is correct.

How strange! Guess they’re concerned about other rules interactions…. Plus it means it’s easier to knock opponents out of objectives squares so might be what you want to do most of the time anyway.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:34 am

Darkson (Simon) wrote:Just to check (and it might be explained better in the Forces book or full rulebook), on EasyArmy some equipment is unlimited, whilst others have a max (eg AP ammo 4, Medic Pack 1). Is the max the total I'm allowed in a single game, or the total I'm allowed in a force?

I don't think you allocate items to models when writing your campaign roster. Any items you buy go into a general store and can be allocated to models as part of writing your list for a game.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:03 pm

Having read through the exploration table, some of them have options that require you to have items on hand. You might want to have 4 ammo, a medipack, a frag grenade and a smoke grenade in your stores.
Tom

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:06 am

Played my first game last night and it was fun. If the campaign is still going when I get back I’ll try and join in.

Took me a while to wrap my head around that some special actions need to use a command dice and others don’t but otherwise rules were pretty straightforward.

I know it’s only one game but I don’t think my list was very good. 6 grunts who each gave up a VP but had very little offensive or defensive capability. I think I definitely need a big scary model (or two) for counter assault. Also move and fire weapons are tricky with so much terrain, having a high AP is worthless if you can’t hit anything.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:15 am

With ref to vaulting the 1 cube high wall, the consensus seems to be it’s possible as a two cube move (one up, one down) despite the Rulebook not really addressing the situation. Clear it can’t be a one cube move from the Jetpack description.
Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Deadzone