Deadzone Campaign

Re: Deadzone Campaign

Postby Ray » Wed May 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Updated with player list so far. I'm ready to go as soon as anyone else is.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed May 25, 2022 10:38 am

As i still don't have the book (waiting on Goblin Gaming getting stock), can i get a few clarifications:

Death/injuries? How does it work?
If i collect loot but don't use it, do I keep it?
Are there any limits in the 500pt total force I can take ( i.e. # of leaders or support, etc).
Are Uniques in use??

I'm sure there were a couple more, but I can't remember what they were at the moment !
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed May 25, 2022 11:12 am

Anyone who dies in a game has a 1/8 chance of actually being dead, and may end up injured otherwise. Injuries can be stat reductions, lost skills, or miss next game. Miss next game just means not available to select, you can just take someone else instead when selecting your list for the game.

Items can be bought as part of your 500 point roster using the normal limits. Any single use items used during a game are gone, but any items carried at the end of the game are returned/added to the roster.

The 500 point roster follows normal force selection rules except for allowing any number of leaders.

Uniques can be taken but if you get them killed you can't replace them.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:06 am

I've updated with result of my disaster of a game last night.

Reading through the strategic asset rules I think we need to consider how this will work with multiple games happening on the same night, so I propose the following: Unless your opponent challenged you for control of a strategic asset, it will be yours still during the post game sequence regardless of if another player took it in their own post game sequence while you were playing. In this situation it would be crossed off your roster at the end of post game.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:46 pm

Ray wrote:
Reading through the strategic asset rules I think we need to consider how this will work with multiple games happening on the same night, so I propose the following: Unless your opponent challenged you for control of a strategic asset, it will be yours still during the post game sequence regardless of if another player took it in their own post game sequence while you were playing. In this situation it would be crossed off your roster at the end of post game.

I think that makes a lot of sense and should work fine. Also means if your game finishes first you can run through the post game campaign steps without waiting for other games to finish just in case they steal your asset.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby ErebusMort » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:25 am

Scores on the doors:

Jamie (Rebs) beat Ben (Forgefathers) 16-6 playing Breakthrough. Random scenario roll, much better suited to the tricksy Rebs than the stoic dwarves.

My upgraded Alpha simian who had +1 fight managed to get injured for -1 fight, thus ensuring that he gives a bonus dice to my opponents in future despite being no better than his starting stats. Ah, the vagaries of war…..!
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:29 am

ErebusMort wrote:Scores on the doors:

Jamie (Rebs) beat Ben (Forgefathers) 16-6 playing Breakthrough. Random scenario roll, much better suited to the tricksy Rebs than the stoic dwarves.

My upgraded Alpha simian who had +1 fight managed to get injured for -1 fight, thus ensuring that he gives a bonus dice to my opponents in future despite being no better than his starting stats. Ah, the vagaries of war…..!

150 points I assume based on that score?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:15 am

Ray wrote:
150 points I assume based on that score?

Yes, sorry, 150 points.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:27 pm

Me vs Matt 150 points. I won 18-4 after turn 2.

Not much to say really, the dice all very much went my way. I killed some expensive things, pinned the rest and held all the objectives. The scenario limited shooting to 4 squares on the first turn which helped.

Gained the Fortified Outpost Strategic Asset in the exploration phase which allows me to spend 4 ammo counters after each game to give a model a rank. Do you reckon I can buy and spend the counters now or do I need to have them already in the stash before the game? Also asked on FB.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:47 pm

Tom wrote:The scenario limited shooting to 4 squares on the first turn which helped.

Strength in Depth scenario?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Deadzone