Quickest 1000pt game I have ever played!

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Quickest 1000pt game I have ever played!

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

Well unless you count a couple of weeks ago when Dave got tabled turn two when he didn't have enough models on the board and his last unit got assaulted by the knight but hey we ignored that and carried on playing! So I managed a game of Dreadball for the league and this 1000pts game, Dreadball took longer! So I faced Dave, he had Tau I had Marines with a Knight, another good game where we were learning 7th and Dave learn't some important lessons with his new army. (Like remember to jump pack away after deep striking in behind my Knight or he will turn around and eat you!) We finished on turn 4 after Dave only had his Riptide left on one wound so he conceded. I had most of my Tac squad, Marine Captain, Knight, Storm Talon and a Dread. Fun game and I think we are getting to grips with the rules a bit better now. Thanks Dave!
Mark
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Quickest 1000pt game I have ever played!

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm

I enjoyed it, I'm still getting used to the subtleties of the game mechanics and I need to use cover more efficiently but other than that I think I'm getting better! :lol: looking back on it I made some glaring errors that I'll attribute to my inexperience rather than being a complete fool.

I would have let you killed my Riptide if you wanted too! :)

Once I take the Tau up to 1,500 I'll probably move on to my Wolves or Dark Eldar.

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

I really can't wait to do my Tau now having played that game, I might even bump them up the list past the Eldar.
Mark
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby nobby » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 am

Dave wrote:I enjoyed it, I'm still getting used to the subtleties of the game mechanics and I need to use cover more efficiently but other than that I think I'm getting better! :lol: looking back on it I made some glaring errors that I'll attribute to my inexperience rather than being a complete fool.

I would have let you killed my Riptide if you wanted too! :)

Once I take the Tau up to 1,500 I'll probably move on to my Wolves or Dark Eldar.

Cheers,
Dave

Subtleties :lol: :lol: you mean power creep surely?! Anyways, looking at marines, could i borrow a dex off someone to have a look over at some point?
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:13 pm

I've only got the latest Dark Angels codex if that is of any interest.

I happen to have a Marine army for sale too if you're thinking of getting back into 40k! ;)
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby nobby » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:00 am

It wouldn't be with gw figures if i did. sorry dave!
nobby
Pumpkinhead

Return to Warhammer 40K universe