Looking for a game.

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Looking for a game.

Postby Leviathan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello there, I've just joined this group and I'm into 40k. I recently moved to the area (Tidworth Garrison) in July and I'm looking to get back into gaming when I can. I've been pointed to a number of groups and I've already been told that there's not much interest on here. Just thought I'd ask all the same. I run Ultramarines up to around 4000 but more comfortable in the 1000 to 2000 range as I'm easing back in the table top. Hopefully there's some feedback. Thanks.
Leviathan
Unripe Pumpkin

Re: Looking for a game.

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm

You might struggle a bit as most of us have stopped playing 40k. If you are up for trying out a different game, Mantic's Warpath rules have just been released and 40k armies should be fairly easy to slot in (I intend to learn the rules using my 40k imperial guard army until I get round to building/painting new things).
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Adam » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:43 pm

I believe the legion in salisbury play 30k.

On a slight side track. I also live in Tidworth and have guildball and malifaux stuff for a 3X3 board, and also play warmachine and bolt action if you have a table and scenery for a 4x4 board.
Adam
Pumpkin-Patch Kid

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:17 am

Hi Leviathan.
Yeah, as I said on Facebook, most of our 40k players have either left or been turned off the game in the last edition (I stopped playing it in 3rd or 4th ed [they become a bit of a blur!]), but don't let that stop you coming down and maybe trying out different games - most of us started as 40k and/or WFB players, and we now play a wide range of games, and we don't really worry about "counts as" or lending figures, especially when trying out new games.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Warhammer 40K universe