Week 1 Round 1 Escalation MkII

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Week 1 Round 1 Escalation MkII

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:53 am

So an interesting 1st week! Mark, Dave, Gary & Mike all played and then swapped opponents and each of us got a max points victory which also meant each of us suffered a crushing defeat! Great fun was had by all & I'm sure we all came away happy with max points in the bag for round 1 (well apart from painting).
On the first games I beat Dave, Marines for me & inquistion for Dave, 17 - 1. That was by turn 4 and Dave had 1 man left and conceeded. (I had to mention that score, I think it is a record or something!) The marines did not loose a man with the captain taking the only wound. The psykers seemed to be able to cast but BS 3 really doesn't help with a focused witch fire!
Mike beat Gary, Mike with Harlequins and Gary with his motley Orcs. I'm not sure on the final score but the orcs went down.
2nd game of the night and Gary tabled me wiping out my last scout on turn 6 after my bike captain made an ill advised charge at the Orc warboss earlier on. Mistakes were made, lessons were learned but an entire advance party was massacred!
Dave vs Mike and the inquistion decided to drop the assasin and go for pimped out rides instead which proved to be tactical genius as the inquisition terminated the xenos scum with extreeme prejudice!
Mark
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Week 1 Round 1 Escalation MkII

Postby Mikef » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:25 pm

I only beat Gary 7-5 I think, some lucky pinning and morale checks, and he suffered from some bad reserve rolls. Close game against the green skins.
Mikef
Pumpkin Pie

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Was very happy with how the green skins performed. I have never played a horde type force before so felt very slow and was out manoeuvred easily early on, but when the lines met it was like Slannesh daemons all over again. Pass me the bucket for all of my dice, :D
Both games would have been lost by two objectives if I hadn't tabled Mark so moving about is something I need to look into. Both times outflanking was not the side I wanted so must accept and not rely on it. Let it be a bonus if it works.
As mentioned though when the sides meet it can all change. Against Mike the final tally of remaining wounds was three for him and six for me. Time to curse some 2+ Inv saves I think.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Definitely a better list by dropping the assassin for the Razorbacks. Having said that it's too many models for me to paint so I'm probably going to switch to something a little more manageable, probably something power armoured......
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Warhammer 40K universe