Escalation League - Round 1 Results

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Escalation League - Round 1 Results

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:12 am

Round One results go here.

Week One (13th Jan):
Mark (Eldar) v Matt (Dark Eldar) - Matt Win, Annihilation.

JAC (Space Wolves) v Gary (Sisters) - JAC Win, Victory (7-5).

Dave (Imperial Fists Legion) v Ray (World Eaters Legion) - Dave Win, Annihilation.

Week 2 (20th Jan):
JAC v Dave - I got a very jammy Annihilation win due to some turn 7 heroics from my Praetor. JAC was thrashing me on victory points and deserved something from the game.

Dave v Matt - My opponent seized the initiative (again!) and it was all over by turn 3. Both rhinos dead by turn two and my poor marines were foot slogging (short table edge set up) across the board and were outmatched by the speed and volume of fire of the Dark Eldar skimmers. No marines were left alive. Annihilation victory for Matt.

Week 3 (27th Jan):
No league matches this week but JAC and I had a quick game which resulted in my Fists getting annhilated by some powered armoured chaos guys. Highlight being a chaos chosen power fisting my rhino into pieces and the resulting explosion killing him!

Week 4 (3rd Feb)
JAC V Ray - Annhilation victory to JAC.

That's the end of round one with 750 point games starting next week. If you feel like you didn't get to play enough 500 point games then feel free to play some more, we can just play 500 and 750 side by side. Painting scores are now available!
Last edited by Dave on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Escalation League - Round 1 Results

Postby Dave » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:54 am

With regards to choosing opponents I think keeping it casual is the way to go, just arrange via the forum who you want to play and away you go (I'll start another thread for arranging match ups). I think the only restriction being that you can't play the same opponent more than twice per round (with only four games per round this shouldn't be a problem).

Alternative ideas welcomed.

EDIT:
Also after a quick discussion we will drop the WYSIWYG bonus point, painting point(s) is/are still available though.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dave

Postby Karlmortimer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:29 pm

We played the relic, Mark was playing Eldar and conceded at the end of turn 2 having lost all bar 6 jet bikes.
Karlmortimer
Unripe Pumpkin

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Updated with last night's results.
Dave

Postby JAC » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Was a good game! Can't beleive the turn around, if only my guys had managed to stick out another round of combat and if I hadn't have let the wulfen go to my head and try to run down your praetor!
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Updated with the round one results.
Dave

Postby JAC » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:00 am

I must say my last game was soooo close. Ray's assault squad, which has always worried me nearly annihilated me until they died in hand to hand against 3 (or was it 4) grey hunters, and then his tactical squad ran away when my last three guys charged them and then sweeping advanced them to death! Reinforced my opinion of the world eater's assault squads, shoot them to death...
Wolves, what wolves...
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby JAC » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Got my 1st 500 points painted toady, ready for the next 250 to be built tomorrow! :)
Wolves, what wolves...
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mikef » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 am

Played two 500 pt games, but realised I've built an illegal 500 pt list - I missed the total armour value rule for vehicles and didn't realise the Wave Serpent was illegal. I'll bring a mor appropriate list next time to get in a round 1 game, with units from my 750 game to keep that one legal
Mikef
Pumpkin Pie

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:55 pm

That certainly was a short game. I guess I've been lucky so far with turns running out before my army does. It appears that I met my rock/paper/scissor opponent at 500 points as I cannot think of anything that I have at our 500 point limits that could give him a game? If I could've done anything different it would have been my rhino placement but that would just delayed for a turn. Oh well the rematch at 1000 ish points may be a closer run thing, especially as my new toy as arrived, though they seem to have given me the envelope without the golden ticket in. Emails will be sent. :D
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Warhammer 40K universe