Pleasantly surprised

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Pleasantly surprised

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:53 am

As it says on the tin. Played my first game of 40K in over five years and realised why the game is still popular no matter what 'they' try and do to it.

I think if I was to moan it was the number of 'special rules' they have now a days as I forgot some in the fog of war. :roll:

If I remember rightly lessons learnt will be, read your psychic card properly (Mark-T=lots), know your weapon (Shred-Me), write down your warlord trait (soul fire-Me).

Tactically the list I wrote was ok, though dropping a noise marine and getting a daemon weapon would be an option. Question I thought of in the car was, if Njal is in terminator armour can he ride in a space marine Rhino as the ruinous powers one doesn't let you take bulky which term armour falls under?

That's a small moan in the bigger picture though and I had fun. (Never thought I'd say that!)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Re: Pleasantly surprised

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:35 pm

You've probably realised we don't really know much (or more accurately we know it but we always forget it!)

I did think about your soul blaze when I got home last night!

I don't think he should have been in that rhino!

Glad the experience wasn't too terrible for you.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:31 am

And I've just realised my icon gives me +1 on combat resolution. I would have won them all. :twisted:
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:38 pm

MoodyGit wrote:As it says on the tin. Played my first game of 40K in over five years and realised why the game is still popular no matter what 'they' try and do to it.

I think if I was to moan it was the number of 'special rules' they have now a days as I forgot some in the fog of war. :roll:

If I remember rightly lessons learnt will be, read your psychic card properly (Mark-T=lots), know your weapon (Shred-Me), write down your warlord trait (soul fire-Me).

Tactically the list I wrote was ok, though dropping a noise marine and getting a daemon weapon would be an option. Question I thought of in the car was, if Njal is in terminator armour can he ride in a space marine Rhino as the ruinous powers one doesn't let you take bulky which term armour falls under?

That's a small moan in the bigger picture though and I had fun. (Never thought I'd say that!)

No. Terminator armour is bulky, bulky models cannot ride in Rhinos.

Glad you had fun, I need to start playing 7th, last games I played were early 6th edition.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:50 pm

The new objective cards do make the game. Our casualty count was very low but still managed eleven victory points between us. First blood was attained in turn six.
My only worry is it's all going to be marine vs marine. :cry:
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:09 pm

I was going to do Wolves for escalation but I could change and do a Chaos and Chaos Daemons.

I really wanted to do nids but I think the wife may not be impressed...will give the Deathstorm models a spin at some point, it arrived just before we went away for Christmas :D
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:54 am

To be fair I have not played as Marines since me and Mark started playing, it just so happens that I am on a HH kick at the moment. If you ever want to play non marine just let me know (I have dark eldar,necron, tau, IG etc etc....)
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:36 am

I had looked at doing daemons to counter all of your marines but warp fire was just too big an issue. Giving your opponent Feel no Pain is wrong. :evil:
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Warhammer 40K universe