1st of July 40k game with Dave!

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

1st of July 40k game with Dave!

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 am

So Dave and I decided to play some 40k, I wrote both lists and supplied the models. 1000 pts a piece, Necrons Vs Marines Dave's choice of army. He played Necrons, I had my marines.

Marines

Captain, power fist, artificer armour, digital weapons, melta bombs, Bolter

10 man Tac squad no special weapons, serg with bolter and chainsword

5 man scout squad, camo cloaks, all bolters

Dreadnought, twin linked las can, extra armour

Storm Talon

Knight Errant

Necrons

Imoteck

9 warriors, Night Scythe

5 Warriors, Night Scythe

5 Immortals, Night Scythe

Monolith

Here are a couple of pics;

Final result, the marines technically won twice as Imoteck died in close combat to the knight on my turn 2 as he was the last model of Dave's on the table I won. We allowed him a reanimation protocol roll though and he jumped back up with 3 wounds! The game finally ended on turn 5, I had 14 victory points, Dave had none. Sounds like a white wash but actually it felt much closer, Dave still had all three night scythes and the monolith but as the night scythes can't contest he lost out on the final count up. Great game, lots of fun and we made a start on learning 7th which was what it was all about! I can't wait for the small rule book to come out as I find it easier than my ibook copy.
Mark
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: 1st of July 40k game with Dave!

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:44 pm

It was a fun game which I really enjoyed. I'll pick up the small rule book once it's out. To be fair the Necron codex is great on the iPad just the lack ok a decent search function hurts the utility of the tome that is the rule book.

I have read up about the maelstrom missions and they sound like they will add some fun stuff to games, might pick up the cards for a fiver.

I've been looking through my models and I don't have anywhere near 1,000 points of anything (built let alone painted!). I have been working on it this weekend though and I think I'll have something for the Tuesday that I get back from Germany if you fancy another game (will be the 22nd July).

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Warhammer 40K universe