9th ed incoming

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

9th ed incoming

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Seen in various groups on Facebook that 9th ed is coming soon (can't find the page to link here).

Supposedly the rules will be free and all codexes will still be valid.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: 9th ed incoming

Postby Brad85 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Here's the link
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-1/

You'll get free digital versions of codexes with physical purchases which are all in a new app.
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Sat May 23, 2020 6:19 pm

New models look nice. Hopefully they didn't screw the rules up to much this time round. I actually liked 8th until it got too out of hand with special rules, army traits, command points, and all the other stuff that's just impossible to remember all of.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Sat May 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Ray wrote:New models look nice. Hopefully they didn't screw the rules up to much this time round. I actually liked 8th until it got too out of hand with special rules, army traits, command points, and all the other stuff that's just impossible to remember all of.

Not sure I entirely agree. Some of the shooting abstractions and character targeting rules are a bit rubbish IMHO. And I'm always a bit cranky that my favourite power armoured poster boys are always much worse in game than in fluff...

Will be watching with interest tho...
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Sun May 24, 2020 9:24 am

JAC wrote:Not sure I entirely agree. Some of the shooting abstractions and character targeting rules are a bit rubbish IMHO. And I'm always a bit cranky that my favourite power armoured poster boys are always much worse in game than in fluff...

Will be watching with interest tho...

Yeah, the character targeting rules need to change. Closest valid target works fine, closest enemy model really doesn't when that includes things you can't see or are engaged and you aren't allowed to shoot at them.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Tom » Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Talk of small games and this 'Crusade' system are appealing, but I'm apt to say that to anything and everything at the moment while I'm in gaming withdrawal. Plus I don't currently own anything 40k at all outside of Necromunda. Nary a single marine doth darken my minis boxes.

I do like those new guys with the swords and shields though...
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed May 27, 2020 3:09 pm

I do have about a million armies at this point if people want to try the rules out without buying anything once it's released
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu May 28, 2020 8:07 am

Models were never an issue, its life expectancy of the codex I'd have to buy which concerns me. One post I glanced by mentioned new ones coming out!
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Brad85 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:14 pm

Battlescribe has confirmed that my Knight and War Dogs come to 980 points... :twisted:
Brad85
Greater Pumpkinhead

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:20 am

Article about crusade

Crusade is going to be based on power levels instead of points, with starting rosters at power 50. This is approximately equivalent to 1000 points. This is your pool of units available for games, which suggests that at least some of the missions will need less than this. Unit's appear to be able to get better or worse based on how they do in game and there is mention of a balancing mechanism. Not seeing anything bad so far.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Warhammer 40K universe