Horus Heresy New Edition

Re: Horus Heresy New Edition

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:20 pm

Weren't there parts of the traitor legions thatcstayed loyal and fought against Horus on Terra?
Loyalist DG vs traitor DG?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:02 pm

The narrative is being written as we speak.

In my readings from before battle of Earth, Garro was the loyal DG who made it back but was squirrelled away to start the inquisition.

(Stopped reading at book 31)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:19 pm

Mike wrote:Just read up on the Death guard.
Pre assault on Terra they were norm traitors.
Got caught in the warp, turned in to plague marines and helped with the assault on Terra.
As you mentioned Dave i could use my current few models for Heresy.

Yeah they got warp tainted pretty good by the time of the siege.

You could use the blight drones as landspeeders I reckon.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:47 pm

How are you guys playing the Return Fire reaction? The internet response to the FAQ is very confusing but seems to be that it's now pre-emptive fire and the person reacting actually gets to fire first and remove models before they can shoot. Which seems nuts?

There's big arguments that the intent was that you have to declare the reaction first, and that both sides should get to fire at full power, but that they just utterly ballsed up the wording. Both sides getting to fire at full strength seems much more sensible to me.
Tom

Postby Ray » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Tom wrote:How are you guys playing the Return Fire reaction? The internet response to the FAQ is very confusing but seems to be that it's now pre-emptive fire and the person reacting actually gets to fire first and remove models before they can shoot. Which seems nuts?

There's big arguments that the intent was that you have to declare the reaction first, and that both sides should get to fire at full power, but that they just utterly ballsed up the wording. Both sides getting to fire at full strength seems much more sensible to me.

We've been playing as both sides fire at full strength. I originally interpreted it as you declare return fire before any dice are rolls, then the return fire happens between wound rolls and saves with absolutely no idea how this is supposed to work if the squad firing has multiple weapon types. In reality we have just been resolving everything then keeping the casualties on the table until after the return fire has been resolved.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby ErebusMort » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:58 pm

Agreed as it feels like the only sensible way to do it is to just fire both ā€œat the same timeā€. The FAQ also appears to suggest the the returning fire could pin the firers before they shoot, thus making them snap shoot only! Seems silly to play like that, whereas both firing at full strength makes sense.
ErebusMort
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby Mike » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:31 pm

ErebusMort wrote:Agreed as it feels like the only sensible way to do it is to just fire both ā€œat the same timeā€. The FAQ also appears to suggest the the returning fire could pin the firers before they shoot, thus making them snap shoot only! Seems silly to play like that, whereas both firing at full strength makes sense.

That is how i read the rules. If i read them again i will get GW syndrome. Gamers Wrinkle = where your forhead creases violently between 'what the' and 'how the f;; is that supposed to work'.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby JAC » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:30 pm

Late to the party as normal...my Christmas present from the wife is the HH box set. Planning on splitting and painting half as blood angels and half as emperors children. If I ever get chance for a Tuesday evening off I'd be up for a game!

My question is, do you need the liber astartes/heretic book?
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:41 pm

Hi Jon,

I wouldnā€™t bother with the book for now, you get a basic army list in the box and that will get you by to begin with. If you start playing then maybe get the book (half of each book is the same with the other half being the legion specific rules for loyalist and traitor respectively) but you can get most of what you need from Reddit or asking here.

Have a good Christmas.
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave

Postby JAC » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Cool, cheers.
Wolves, what wolves...
#itsoktonotbeok #lifttheweight
JAC
Pumpkinhead