RPG?

Forum for one-off games, new games and games that have currently fallen out of favour, but are still played irregularly

Re: RPG?

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Am interested, as mentioned elsewhere would hopefully fit in a seven week cycle. Never played a RPG so a bit nervous about the format.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Fantasy only or do we look at steampunk, pirate or other?
As we haven't agreed the complexity of the system to use yet should we open the genre or stay with fantasy. Please vote :?:

If we all want to play and have 2 systems, 13th & pathfinder, for the final tender why don't we try both. I know I would prefer not so complex but then again as I have never played how can I fully judge. The nearest I get is playing warhammer quest and a few Inquisitor, which I really enjoyed.

13th age looks better than the others and still not complex.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:39 am

I'm happy with whatever - I played Rolemaster back in the day, and I doubt any current system has any near that level of complexity (4 or 5 tables to roll on just to see what sort of hit you did!).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:04 am

If open to others I quite like the idea of ffg's Star Wars edge of the empire.
Sven mentioned pirate.
For Gary there is a Dr Who

But the crux is always going to be complexity and the GM's capability to run the scenario for the rest making an enjoyable event.

Can we agree a night where we run or read through say Dungeonworld and Pathfinder. I am sure someone mentioned they had this.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ronq » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 am

Happy to do this on Tuesday, though if we are going down pathfinder or dungeon world we will be doing fantasy.

As mentioned above, my worry for gm would be that without a pre determined adventure path there is a lot more work to do, and I would hate to see campaign fizzle out due to lack of time.

Wondering if we should go for classic fantasy setting as we may all be more comfortable with it?

Will bring my older d&d starter along so we can look at that as well, though I think it's about 10years old!
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:39 am

Go on then.

Give me a Tuesday with at least a couple of days notice and at least two willing players and I will run a trial Dungeon World session.

Literally no player prep required.
Tom

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:00 am

Ronq wrote:Happy to do this on Tuesday, though if we are going down pathfinder or dungeon world we will be doing fantasy.

As mentioned above, my worry for gm would be that without a pre determined adventure path there is a lot more work to do, and I would hate to see campaign fizzle out due to lack of time.

Wondering if we should go for classic fantasy setting as we may all be more comfortable with it?

Will bring my older d&d starter along so we can look at that as well, though I think it's about 10years old!

Read through my wheel of time and it mentions it is based on D&D Version 3 around 2001.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:02 am

Tom wrote:Go on then.

Give me a Tuesday with at least a couple of days notice and at least two willing players and I will run a trial Dungeon World session.

Literally no player prep required.

November 22nd is the next suitable.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:06 am

Not for Gary or myself, unless you're happy for us to disappear at 9pm.

Next suitable for us is 29th Nov (Gary), 6th Dec (both) or 13th (me).
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:16 am

Darkson wrote:Not for Gary or myself, unless you're happy for us to disappear at 9pm.

Next suitable for us is 29th Nov (Gary), 6th Dec (both) or 13th (me).

Apologies was thinking more of a taster run by Tom for me and Sven. Tom could run the same for you and Gary then we could all discuss that system.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Other games