Simon goes Wild West

Forum for one-off games, new games and games that have currently fallen out of favour, but are still played irregularly

Simon goes Wild West

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Started to properly read the DMH rulebook (as oppsed to a quick flick through), so some notes for me/questions to Mike.
I'm sure there will be more as I go through the rest of the rules (up to cards so far) and the supplements.

Things I've noticed (which may be overruled by the scenarios we played) or I need to remember:

P.4 'Trumped' - if a player plays a card, the opponent may Trump the card by playing one from their own hand of equal value.

P.5 Initiative cards seems badly worded - place the face up card next to model of choice. Then "a further one is dealt to each model", which seems to suggest the one that had the face-up card gets another one? Or have I missed a rule and they do?

P.5. Discard pile is only recycled when there's not enough cards to give all models an initiative card.

P.6. It takes 2 actions* to get into hand-to-hand. First move to within 2", 2nd move into h-t-h.
(*But not it you start your activation within 2")

P.6. Climbing is easy! No penalty for climbing up to 8".
Does climbing still come out of the 10" move or is it free?

P.9 LOS is based off bases, so if the base-to-base isn't cleared it counts as obscured.

P.13 Can't move into h-t-h if you can't fight? It says you can't use 3 move actions, but what about if I moved, shoot, move?
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Simon goes Wild West

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:19 pm

Things I've noticed (which may be overruled by the scenarios we played) or I need to remember:

P.4 'Trumped' - if a player plays a card, the opponent may Trump the card by playing one from their own hand of equal value.
Yep 2 for a 2 etc.

P.5 Initiative cards seems badly worded - place the face up card next to model of choice. Then "a further one is dealt to each model", which seems to suggest the one that had the face-up card gets another one? Or have I missed a rule and they do?
First initiative card is flipped face up then placed against a model of your choosing face up. The rest are picked face down and laid face down.

P.5. Discard pile is only recycled when there's not enough cards to give all models an initiative card.
Yep

P.6. It takes 2 actions* to get into hand-to-hand. First move to within 2", 2nd move into h-t-h.
(*But not it you start your activation within 2")
Yep

P.6. Climbing is easy! No penalty for climbing up to 8".
Does climbing still come out of the 10" move or is it free?
Not free

P.9 LOS is based off bases, so if the base-to-base isn't cleared it counts as obscured.
Yep

P.13 Can't move into h-t-h if you can't fight? It says you can't use 3 move actions, but what about if I moved, shoot, move?[/quote]
move, shoot, move is two moves. You can move, shoot, enter combat.
You can move 3 times but you can't disengage, move, then re-engage.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Return to Other games