BOLT ACTION

Forum for one-off games, new games and games that have currently fallen out of favour, but are still played irregularly

Re: BOLT ACTION

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:18 am

Keep getting an SQL error when trying to post
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:24 am

Ah that worked. It doesn’t like the emojis.

Presumably British commandos? You need an officer and a minimum of two infantry units for a ‘legal’ force, although the free skirmish rules could be fun with those - you have one dice per man and move individually.

I picked up a bunch of poorly assembled Blitzkreig Germans off EBay so have been ripping arms off and reposing them for repaint. I’ll probably hang onto a few of them - I have a nice bunch on patrol duty, ideal for your commandos to take out - then sell off the rest to fund the expansion of my PG and FSJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:28 am

It seems I also cant take photos the right way up :D
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:53 am

When you realise you need a few more bases… then remember that’s why you bought a 3D printer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:54 am

They are the right way up when I take them!! It’s uploading them sideways 8-)
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:12 am

Yeah British commandos, after I picked them up I found out Warlord are releasing a new commando box in September, Doh!

I got the commando support box too so have the officer, mortar and MMG to round out a 750ish point list.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Tiggs » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:27 am

The standard lists are fairly formulaic. Officer and 2 squads. LMG yes/no. MMG yes/no. Mortar yes/no. The fine print adds the flavour, large regular units or small veteran units? Do you need anti tank capability? Are you planning to try and assault (which is bloody and risky but if you maximise your factors can be decisive up close).

This game is all about forcing the other guy to take downs to reduce hits, thus denying an order, and forcing pins this forcing order checks (and denying orders if they fail). I still haven’t mastered that. I tend to just wade in (and lose).
Tiggs
Pumpkin Soup

Previous

Return to Other games