HellBoy: The Board Game

For all Mantic Games

HellBoy: The Board Game

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:57 pm

First up, many thanks for the 2 games last night - very enjoyable, even if I wasn't allowed to flame everything.. :?

Following our somewhat crushing defeat in game 2, I intend to play it through again either as a group or as a solo mission but thought I'd re-read over the rules areas we got a little stuck on. The following will be of interest and fortunately didn't affect the outcome, but probably would have hastened it :roll: .

1. You can't shoot with Enemies in your area. Doh! This includes dropping a concussion/stun grenade. We all missed the very clear statement on the quick reference guide: Shoot (not with Enemies in your area); Target a ....

2. Resolve Infernos (End Phase). The first line states: In each area with an inferno, remove one clue, one frog swarm and any scenery in the area. Then roll a red die.... Oops. :oops:

As I said, wouldn't have helped us, but hopefully we'll remember for next time.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: HellBoy: The Board Game

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Matt, Mike,

Did I hear that we were playing the Confrontation correctly in terms of timing?

Any other news of note?

I've played the 'Perils of the Job' through a couple of times solo with different characters and load-outs. Still got spanked but got much closer on one attempt. There is definitely some work to be done to find the sweet spots for each character, certainly with regards to the kit they can take. No doubt a fair amount of trial and an ton or error...
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Yes we complete our round.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Updated FAQ & Errata:

Hellboy_The_Board_Game_FAQ_&_Errata.pdf

It's got some new rules concerning Boss Movement into areas that are already occupied. Don't think it would have effected us in the last game, but probably wouldn't have initially slowed up the Conqueror Worm when we heroically running away from it.

At a glance, everything seems as the way we play, and there is confirmation of the way to play the confrontation correctly - as you would expect as we have a direct line to James!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Return to Mantic