Adeptus Titanicus

For 40K, and games set in the 40K universe

Re: Adeptus Titanicus

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:18 am

Thanks for the game Ray. I reckon we could get a 1500 point game done in an evening.

Fusion only gets the d10 bonus at short range.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:43 am

Sorry, should have looked it up properly having not played in almost 2 years.

I think 1500 is easily doable as long as we don't leave it long enough to forget all the rules again.
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:10 pm

No worries. Iā€™ve been reading up and this one seems counter intuitive to me but apparently when you cause multiple hits against armour (EDIT) you only use the armour modifier applied to the first hit for any following hits.

From the FAQ:

Q. If a Titan weapon suffers multiple hits and more than one of them causes the weapon to be disabled, is the weapon simply disabled or does one hit disable it and any others detonate it?
A. The first. Just as new modifiers do not affect Armour rolls from the same weapon attack, a disabled weapon does not detonate from subsequent hits from the same weapon attack.

So not sure why you really need to work from lowest to highest armour penetration roll.
Last edited by Dave on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:56 pm

Well thats definitely a change. I think going lowest to highest always results in the least damage because single damage hits will be applied while there is still space on the damage track, then the later double damage hits end up becoming extra criticals?
Ray
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40K universe