World of Twilight

Forum for one-off games, new games and games that have currently fallen out of favour, but are still played irregularly

Re: World of Twilight

Postby Mike » Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Twilight day 25 June tickets just gone on sale.
Just to confirm are we both going. If so will purchase tickets.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu May 25, 2017 8:29 pm

I've bought my ticket. :)
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Fri May 26, 2017 9:28 am

MoodyGit wrote:I've bought my ticket. :)

Purchased mine last night.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi all,

Twilight Day is only one week away, so it’s time for me to fill you in on details and for you to start making some decisions! As with the last couple of years, there will be a narrative campaign, but this year there will be two main teams of players: The Delgon and Dhogu vs the Empire and Casanii. There will of course be room for any Devanu players and this year I’m hoping to have the Kedashi play a more substantial role! Each player will need a 300pt painted force that they will use during the day. If you don’t have painted models then just let me know and we’ll sort you out for the day!

The Delgon armies require ever more fuel for their engines and the shipyards of Tonueil are working tirelessly to build a fleet such as has never been seen since the launch of the floating cities. An army of enlisted Enguan logging crews has ventured down into the forests of Naralon, their sharp axes making short work of the ancient trees. But more and more frequently the crews and their overseers are vanishing and the supply of wood has been slowing down. It is not clear what the cause of the losses has been, but his Gracious Eminence Garabon has sent Roban the Hunter to investigate.
While Danomar and the Knights of the Empire have defended against the Delgon advances to the North of Gar Loren, the Emperor has suffered great losses recently. The fall of Tonueil has sent shockwaves through the clans and the representatives on the Imperial Council are demanding that something be done. Lord Anelar has called upon his Casanii allies from the South and has ridden out with his finest troops to strike a blow against the Delgon that have dared to trespass outside their frozen mountains.
The kedashi of Naralon have grown angry that the ancient pact has been broken. They have been tolerant over the centuries of the short-lived outsiders, but they have ignored the warnings and they will have to pay the price.

So, which force would you like to play as? Will you be bringing your own painted force, or would you like to borrow one? How much experience have you had playing so far? I’m planning to get the novices involved in the main campaign, although they may get to play as mercenaries if they would like to try some different forces out during the day.

As for the Kedashi… the conflicts are going to take place in the depths of the Naralon forests so the Kedashi will certainly be getting involved. Will you be bringing a Kedashi swarm along? Are you an experienced player and would like to play as Kedashi? Do you have any spare painted Kedashi or Trebarnii? Do you have woodland terrain you could bring along? I’ve have a few woodland templates, but it would be great to have a few more individual trees to scatter around!

What you need to let me know in advance:
· Would you like to play as Delgon, Dhogu, Empire, Casanii, Devanu or Kedashi? (say if you don’t mind who you play as or if you have a strong preference)
· Do you have a painted force?
· Are there any specific characters you would like to use?
· Do you have any painted Kedashi/Trebarnii?
· Have you had much experience playing, or are you a novice?

What you need to bring:
· Your 300pt force (unless you are borrowing a force for the day), plus any Kedashi/Trebarnii you've got painted
· Initiative counters and combat stones (I will have plenty of spares, but if any of you have sets you wouldn’t mind using on the day then that could be really handy!)
· Reference cards, stamina counters etc (not vital, but might be handy!)
· Lunch and snacks (there’s a nearby Tesco, but best if you can avoid having to nip out as I haven’t allowed much time for lunch!). There will certainly be tea and coffee available!

The plan for the day!
The general schedule for the day is as follows (although this is very much subject to change!):
· 9:30 Doors open (although I may still be setting up…)
· 10:00 Introductions and start Round 1
· 12:00 Lunchtime! (don’t forget to bring sandwiches) I’ll be around if you’ve got any questions and we will also be judging the painting contests and announcing the winners
· 13:00 Round 2
· 15:00 Round 3 (although we will start earlier if possible!)
· 17:00 Final announcements, aiming to finish by around 17:30.
Please let me know if you are likely to be arriving late or leaving early, so I can plan around that!

The Games
Once again we will have three rounds of games and everybody will represent either Delgon, Empire, Devanu or Kedashi.
· For the first round we will have lots of smaller games going on and I will try to match up players of similar experience, while avoiding people playing their regular opponents. Novice players will hopefully get a couple of smaller games in so they can try different forces out before committing their allegiance for later rounds
· For the second round I’ll scatter in a few more themed scenarios as we prepare for the grand finale, with results from this round directly impacting the forces for the final games. I’ll include a few multi-player scenarios to mix things up a bit!
· The third round will culminate in a few bigger games, with several players on each side. These sort of event games can be a lot of fun and I’ve got plenty of ideas to make sure the games are interesting!
I’ll be tracking the results during the games so we can see if the Empire or Delgon are the overall victors! The Devanu and Kedashi will have their own special objectives throughout the day…

Painting Contests
There are two painting prizes this year! As well as some Twilight related goodness, both winners will get one of the special (if diminutive) ‘Painting Preepree Trophy’
· Judges’ favourite: I’ll pull together a small panel of judges to pick our favourite painted force.
· Random prize: Everybody who has brought a painted force will get their name put into a hat (or other suitable receptacle). One lucky person will get a prize!

The Venue
The event is at the Park Barn Centre in Guildford - GU2 8EN. I’ve attached a word file containing details as I think the postcode might not quite get you there… There is free parking there.

Buying Stuff
This year I’m going to bring a small stock of models and starter sets on the day in case any of you would like to add to your collection. I won’t have the full range, so if there is anything specific you would like to have a look at then drop me a line in advance! You can also order on the store for pick-up on the day if you would like to save on postage!

The Venue
The event is at the Park Barn Centre in Guildford - GU2 8EN. I’ve attached a word file containing details as I think the postcode might not quite get you there… There is free parking there.

Anything else?
I think that’s everything, but please let me know if there is anything else you need to know!

Thanks,
Mike
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Two thoughts.
Fubarnii Militia.
Or
Orel Knights with Graku.

With 300 points its 13 models with 3 minor elites vs 11 models with 2 medium elites.
Either I may be able to get to basic painted by Sunday.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Finished my foot troops today, just started on riders. I am just over the 300 where I am but need some speed.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 am

Riders done, started Shaman.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Shaman done. :)

Back to work, not likely to finish bears. :(
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Now that it has cooled down pushing through to get them done. Looks lik table standard for the day.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Surprised myself and finished the Bears today.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

PreviousNext

Return to Other games