(In)famous Coaching Staff

(In)famous Coaching Staff

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:20 am

Hi All

I assume a number of you have now picked up and read Deathzone Season 2. One thing that stood out to me, that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere, was that the infamous coaching staff rules weren't included in the Optional Rules section. Instead they were in the New Rules section along with the new teams. So from that we can only deduce that infamous coaching staff aren't optional, and are new inducements coming for all games, and will be added to FUMBBL in due time.

So who are they, and what do they do?
For those that haven't read it I'll give a brief overview.

There's 6 of them, they're inducements, and like star players they're only available to selected teams, and teams can't both have the same one.

Name: Horatio X. Schottenheim, Master Mage
Cost: 80k
Teams: Any Team
Ability: "Take This! Ooops..." Once per half Horatio can cast a fireball. Timing is the same as old Wizard. Fireball scatters D3 squares in D8 direction. Players hit on 4+ and with Mighty Blow, as Fireball.

Name: Kari Coldsteel, Norse Cheerleader
Cost: 50k
Teams: Amazon, Dwarf, Human, Norse
Ability: "If you want the job done..." Kari counts as 3 cheerleaders. Additionally, if her team cannot set up 11 players Kari may join the field (Coaches choice). Stays for 1 drive then sent off. 6237 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Loner.

Name: Fink da Fixer, Goblin PA
Teams: Ogre, Orc, goblin, Underworld
Ability: "You got it, Boss!" Counts as 3 Assistant Coaches. Additionally they can re-roll bribes and argue the call on a 5+. Sent off if Argue the Call fails (not sure if this means roll of 1 or anything other than 5+)

Name: Papa Skullbones, Chaos Shaman
Teams: Chaos, Pact, Nurgle
Ability: "By the power of the Gods!" Choose a player at the start of each drive and roll a D8. A player can't be chosen if he was already picked this match.
1. Player is KO'd
2. Select a random player and roll again
3. Big Hand and Very Long Legs
4. Tentacles and Prehensile Tail
5. Foul Appearance and Disturbing Presence
6. Extra Arms and 2 heads
7. Claws and Horns
8. Pick from above

Name: Galandril Silverwater, Elven Cheerleading Coach
Teams: Pro, High and Wood Elves
Ability: "Go Team!" Cheerleaders count double (or gain 1 if 0 cheerleaders). Additionally each time her team scores a TD, intercepts or causes a cas, roll a d6. On a 6 the team gain a re-roll.

Name: Krot Shockwhisker, Skaven Engineer
Teams: Skaven, Underworld
Ability:"A new playthi.... er, patient!" At the start of any drive before setup Krot can experiment on one player who has been Badly Hurt or Seriously injured. Roll a D6. Any injuries suffered still apply.
1. Make another casualty roll. Players only miss 1 game if MNG is rolled a second time.
2-3. No effect
4-5. Player returned to Reserves and can be set up. Player can play for this drive and is then returned to the Dead & Injured box. Player has Really Stupid for this drive.
6. As above, but without Really Stupid.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Return to Blood Bowl