Blood Bowl clarifications

Blood Bowl clarifications

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Been a number of questions asked, and some other things that have been got wrong a couple of times, so this post will be for any clarifications on Blood Bowl rules, especially pertaining to our league.

First off though: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/clarifications/ should help.

Gate: The gate is the total of the two players Fame rolls, so Team1(2d6+FF) + Team2(2d6+FF). As we all started at FF5, all gates should be somewhere within the 14k to 36k range at the moment. If you've managed to get a gate of 110k for a game, you've done something wrong. ;)

Kick-Off:
1. Set up kicking team, then receiving team.
2. Place ball.
3. Roll for Scatter (D6 squares ina D8 direction) - at this point the ball is still in the air
4. Move any player with Kick-off Return.
5. Roll on Kick-Off table
6. Resolve Kick-Off result.
7. The ball now lands - if there is a player in the square they may attempt to Catch it (inaccurate, so no +1), otherwise it bounces.
8. If at ANY point in #3 to #7 the ball leaves the field OR enters the kicking teams half it is a Touchback, and the ball is now given to any receiving player
9. Start the turn.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Re: Blood Bowl clarifications

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Now expand with blitz and quick step added in with diving catch also.
Ball kicked kicker gets blitz when can kicker catch ball.
Same for quick step and diving catch.

Tried to find when a blitz can catch kicked ball far with no luck but did find quick step the kicker has to give receiver the ball :?:
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Not sure what you mean?
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:40 pm

What's quick step Mike? In theory the kick off table is a page in itself. High kick, blitz, quick snap(is that what you meant) and the good to good weather all involve moving players or the ball.
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:41 pm

Damn spell checker :oops:
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Mike wrote:Now expand with blitz and quick step added in with diving catch also.
Ball kicked kicker gets blitz when can kicker catch ball.
Same for quick step and diving catch.

Tried to find when a blitz can catch kicked ball far with no luck but did find quick step the kicker has to give receiver the ball :?:

If your blitzing player happens to be in the square that the ball may land in and you are in the receiving teams half I believe you can catch the ball. Quick snap is a defender move so the kicker will not get ball as they are all in their own half (touchback).

Diving catch can treat eight squares around them as if they were standing in it. They do not move and use negatives on their square not balls landing point. Ball has to be in defenders half again through touchback rule so cannot reach into kicking half. (Why would you want to, having ball on line never good)

Please correct Simon if I got that wrong as not near rule book.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

What Gary said on most of it, and your blitz question is already answered in #6 and #7 above.

Diving Catch: if the ball lands in any of the players TZs then it allows the player to attempt to catch it as if it landed in their square. So if a player on the kicking side on the LOS uses it, and makes the catch, they then have the ball in the Kicker's half - Touchback. If a receiving player tries to use it on the LOS because the ball would have landed on the kickers side, then it's already a Touchback.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:12 pm

The bit we tried to find was regarding the blitz action and when can the blitzing team try to catch the ball.
Dave and I remembered after the ball has scattered and bounced but the rules state otherwise.

The kick off result is finished and the ball then lands then bounces which means you can catch before bounce but we were both sure you cannot until it bounces in to your square.

As for diving catch I read faq that states if you quick snap your player who then diving catches the ball but as he is not in his own half it is a touchback. You have to give it to another player. The ball must land in the receivers half otherwise a touchback.
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Which is what I said above?
If what I've written doesn't make sense, tell me, as it makes sense to me, but that's because I know the rules, I admit it might not be clear as it could be.
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Original ball falls out of the air you can catch as mentioned, if ball lands next to you and bounces in your square (always seems to happen to my opponents, never me) still can catch. Being a blitz makes no difference as this happens after your moves.

In Simons example blitz is number six, ball catching number seven with players now in new positions from kick off.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Next

Return to Blood Bowl