Elegoo Mars 2 3D Resin Printer

Multi-coloured swap shop

Elegoo Mars 2 3D Resin Printer

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:19 pm

For all wanna-be 3D printers:

I’m looking to upgrade my Elegoo Mars 2 resin printer for the Saturn 2 mainly because I need to churn out larger prints for the helicopters! Tail planes and seats are the first things that come to mind...

To that end, I’m looking to sell the Elegoo Mars 2 for somewhere in the region of £150 although open to sensible offers. The package includes the Mars 2 printer, 3 resin trays (original and 2 spares), a spare LCD print screen, and some replacement FEP film for the trays (I can't quite remember how many are left as these are consumables). Also included is the WhamBam flexible print bed system (an absolute must in my opinion and somewhere around an £80 upgrade).

The printer is already calibrated (but very easy to do), all you would need to do is download Chitubox (slicer), add resin and go.

You will need a method of washing and curing your prints (Elegoo sell the Mercury Plus 2.0 for around £119 on Amazon) to finish things off. I do have the Mercury V1 that I might be willing to let go if a suitable compromise can be met as I will still need a wash and cure facility.

This is by no means a hard sell, but I’ve been seriously impressed with the Mars 2 and Elegoo. Spares, resin and all sorts of ancillaries are readily available on Amazon so you shouldn't be waiting too long for bits to arrive. It’s churned out a wide variety of pieces flawlessly – a shed load for the helis, Gary’s dreadnoughts and a raft of Malifaux scenery seen on my Through the Breach Thread. I’ve only had a couple of failed prints throughout all of this and those could probably be put down to user error. I’ve found it such an invaluable modelling tool, I’m not sure what I’d do without one.

It goes without saying, I’d also be very happy to help the purchaser with set ups and first prints.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Re: Elegoo Mars 2 3D Resin Printer

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:23 pm

If there’s no interest from members, someone at my wife’s work may be interested.
Tom
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:15 pm

Much as I'd like to get into the whole printing malarkey, unfortunately I'd have nowhere to put it, let alone use.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:30 pm

Send me some contact details to pass on if you’re interested in selling to this guy at Laura’s work.
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:01 pm

Tom wrote:Send me some contact details to pass on if you’re interested in selling to this guy at Laura’s work.

PM Sent.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am

He consulted his finances and has decided he can’t afford it at the moment.
Tom

Postby bennyowens » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:05 am

I'm potentially interested, will need to do some measurements to see if I have space for it
bennyowens
Lesser Pumpkin

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:28 pm

No problems. Space is always at a premium.

Realistically it needs a top down footprint of around 30cm x 30cm. I've currently got it and the wash station on 1 half of a set of drawers. Some additional space close by to keep tools, gloves etc would be useful and would recommend a silicon mat underneath (like pet food mats) to catch any accidents. I've seen people put everything bar the printer on a plastic food tray to be able to transport to wherever they've been doing the cleaning etc.

It does have the advantage of not needing calibration every time you move it - as we've been doing a bit of decorating recently, it's been moved about a bit between prints to no ill effect.
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Return to Trade