Post Apoc Gaming

What we play our games on

Re: Post Apoc Gaming

Postby Dave » Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 pm

I've got the odd bit of furniture from other projects so will utilise them for now, wanted to get some cars, post boxes and stuff to help clutter up the streets a bit, or maybe something like corrugated iron walls to represent a raider camp?

Like this:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Flooded_m ... utpost.jpg

For ease of storage I won't be able to glue down the buildings, which limits some of the more fancy diorama type modelling that I can do unfortunately.

Cheers,
Dave
The Guard dies but it does not surrender
Dave
Archduke Pumpkin of ARBBL

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Managed to finish building one side of the street. Went for some red brick and white walls on the mini mart and comic book shop to mix it up a bit.

Need to do two more buildings to finish the other side of the street then will need to do all the weathering and graffiti on all of them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Nice. :o
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

Postby MoodyGit (Gary) » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Darkson wrote:Nice. :o

Agreed
'Jenkins, chap with wings there...five rounds rapid.' - The Brigadier.
MoodyGit (Gary)
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Ronq » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 pm

MoodyGit wrote:
Darkson wrote:Nice. :o

Agreed

Very nice! Looking forward to gaming on it
Attack is the secret of defense; defense is the planning of an attack.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Ronq
Gone But Not Forgotten

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Looking very good. Are going to add fire escapes?
Mike
Lord of Pumpkin Spam

Postby Dave » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

I managed to finish one of the last two buildings, hopefully I'll have the last one built by next weekend and then I can crack on with the weathering.

I do have some fire escapes but they didn't quite fit with the layout I planned so had to leave them off.

After some consideration I think I'll add at least one piece of furniture to each room, they look too bland otherwise.

I've got some "street dressing" too in the form of bins, parking meters, newspaper vending machines etc. Can't seem to find any decent 28mm vehicles though so suggestions welcomed (and on anything else you think might work).

Cheers,
Dave
Dave

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Very impressive.
Tom

Postby DaVinci's Cat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Looking very good. Can't wait to see this in the flesh.

Regarding 28mm vehicles, Mantic do some for The Walking Dead in their scenery booster. 2 Pick-ups and 2 cars along with 6 barricades all for under £20. But agree that finding something else is tricky and depends what you're after. I've tried looking for 28mm scale school buses but not much is out there, and certainly less at a sensible cost.

They also do some other street furniture in red plastic - mailbox, litter-bin, shopping trolleys and the like, along with a flatbed pick-up truck that can be military or civilian, but you'll need to look in the scenery/Mars Attacks area of their web-store for those.

For room furniture, I'd probably suggest looking at 4Ground - check out the 28mm Apocalypse 'Twin-Peaks' range. They have got a ton of stuff for Malls and houses in terms of chairs, tables, dressers, gun cabinets etc. Their stuff is pre-painted as well.

I went for TTCombat skips, bus stops and sub-way entrances and Knight of Dice dumpsters. TTCombat also do a range of resin street furniture for alleys - oil drums, old chairs, mattresses, rubbish bags etc. I've also got some 'chain-link' fencing (laser-cut MDF with ali-mesh) from Multiverse Gaming which looks good, sections can be linked together to make longer sections - just needs painting...

I would have attempted to put links in, but do you realise how difficult it is to type when your cat decides to sleep across your arms and keyboard and won't take no for an answer? Anyway, hope this helps...
DaVinci's Cat
Pumpkinhead

Postby Darkson (Simon) » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:16 pm

One of the toy car scales works well for 28mm, but buggered if I can remember what it is!
Will keep an eye on the Post-Apoc group on Facebook.
Send help - buried under my lead mountain!
Darkson (Simon)

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery and terrain